Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Looking for KT3 Ultra ARU motherboard!

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 5, 2004 2:20:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

My old desktop based on the KT3 Ultra-ARU motherboard just took a dump on
me. As I was powering it up I noticed a strong smell of burning. Shutting
it down quickly, I looked inside and a small capacitor next to the memory
modules is burned up. I am only going to use this desktop to load up Linux
and do school work on it, so a brand spanking new top-of-the-line
motherboard isn't needed, but I'd like to use the same motherboard.

So far, I've come up empty looking online for any. Does anyone know of any
good online stores that might carry this board? I know it's older now but
someone somewhere has to have some. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dave
--
You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 5, 2004 8:53:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:20:03 -0600, David Casey wrote:

> My old desktop based on the KT3 Ultra-ARU motherboard just took a dump on
> me. As I was powering it up I noticed a strong smell of burning. Shutting
> it down quickly, I looked inside and a small capacitor next to the memory
> modules is burned up. I am only going to use this desktop to load up Linux
> and do school work on it, so a brand spanking new top-of-the-line
> motherboard isn't needed, but I'd like to use the same motherboard.
>
> So far, I've come up empty looking online for any. Does anyone know of any
> good online stores that might carry this board? I know it's older now but
> someone somewhere has to have some. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nevermind. I got a KT4 at my local CompUSA and it's working fine now. :-)

Dave
--
You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 6, 2004 1:29:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

"David Casey" <sgtcasey@IH8SPAMcableone.net> wrote in message
news:p dc6v62w2pb1$.dlg@sgtcaseycableone.net...
> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:20:03 -0600, David Casey wrote:
>
>> My old desktop based on the KT3 Ultra-ARU motherboard just took a dump on
>> me. As I was powering it up I noticed a strong smell of burning.
>> Shutting
>> it down quickly, I looked inside and a small capacitor next to the memory
>> modules is burned up. I am only going to use this desktop to load up
>> Linux
>> and do school work on it, so a brand spanking new top-of-the-line
>> motherboard isn't needed, but I'd like to use the same motherboard.
>>
>> So far, I've come up empty looking online for any. Does anyone know of
>> any
>> good online stores that might carry this board? I know it's older now
>> but
>> someone somewhere has to have some. Thanks in advance for any
>> suggestions.
>
> Nevermind. I got a KT4 at my local CompUSA and it's working fine now.
> :-)
>
> Dave
> --
> You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
> US Army Signal Corps!!
>
> http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98
>
> Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email.

Should have gone for a newer board that will offer upgrade potential.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 6, 2004 2:11:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 09:29:40 GMT, NDF wrote:

>> Nevermind. I got a KT4 at my local CompUSA and it's working fine now.
>> :-)
>
> Should have gone for a newer board that will offer upgrade potential.

Nah, I was looking for cheap since it's not my primary desktop and just
something I want to run Linux on.

Dave
--
You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email.
!