MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R or MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R

Hi all,

Wondering which of these boards to get MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R or MSI 865PE
Neo2-FIS2R?

I want the fastest board while NOT overclocking. From reviews it seems to be
the MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R which always seems to be quicker. I understand that
2-2-2-5 memory on the 865PE is quicker than the 875P board but I WON'T be
getting 2-2-2-5 memory because it is too expensive.

Thanks,

RC
1 answer Last reply
More about 875p fis2r 865pe neo2 fis2r

    This quote was in your post from above.

    The differance between the 865pe chip and the 875p chip is NOTHING if you
    get a asus/msi board, the 865pe core is a 875core with the PAT turned off,
    asus/msi allows you turn it on in the bios, so... if you wanna spend $$$
    for
    something you can get cheeper, thats up to you. MSI 865pe neo2 or ASUS
    p8p-800 delulxe would be a wiser choice, as for which of these 2 is better?
    The msi has a nb fan with BLINKING lights, the asus has a heatsink, msi
    board is red, asus is ugly brown... i went with the 'ice' factor.

    I think this has your answer. Go 865pe, turn on PAT, pay less.

    R. Chamberlain wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Wondering which of these boards to get MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R or MSI 865PE
    > Neo2-FIS2R?
    >
    > I want the fastest board while NOT overclocking. From reviews it seems to be
    > the MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R which always seems to be quicker. I understand that
    > 2-2-2-5 memory on the 865PE is quicker than the 875P board but I WON'T be
    > getting 2-2-2-5 memory because it is too expensive.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > RC

MSI-Microstar Memory Motherboards