MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R or MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R

Last response: in Motherboards
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
September 6, 2004 7:24:34 AM

Hi all,

Wondering which of these boards to get MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R or MSI 865PE
Neo2-FIS2R?

I want the fastest board while NOT overclocking. From reviews it seems to be
the MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R which always seems to be quicker. I understand that
2-2-2-5 memory on the 865PE is quicker than the 875P board but I WON'T be
getting 2-2-2-5 memory because it is too expensive.

Thanks,

RC
September 8, 2004 3:58:10 AM

This quote was in your post from above.

The differance between the 865pe chip and the 875p chip is NOTHING if you
get a asus/msi board, the 865pe core is a 875core with the PAT turned off,
asus/msi allows you turn it on in the bios, so... if you wanna spend $$$
for
something you can get cheeper, thats up to you. MSI 865pe neo2 or ASUS
p8p-800 delulxe would be a wiser choice, as for which of these 2 is better?
The msi has a nb fan with BLINKING lights, the asus has a heatsink, msi
board is red, asus is ugly brown... i went with the 'ice' factor.

I think this has your answer. Go 865pe, turn on PAT, pay less.

!