Canon i850 won't print black

I got this printer last Christmas for printing photos from our digital
camera, and after using it only a dozen times or so over the past 6 month it
stopped printing black. I suspect it's a clogged nozzel from lack of use.
I tried the "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" options in the printer settings,
but to no avail. I'm not sure what to do next, and would greatly
appreciatie any suggestions/advice anyone has to offer.

Thanks for any help. -Pat
3 answers Last reply
More about canon i850 print black

    "Pat" <pkelecy@insightbb*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
    > I got this printer last Christmas for printing photos from our digital
    > camera, and after using it only a dozen times or so over the past 6 month
    it
    > stopped printing black. I suspect it's a clogged nozzel from lack of use.
    > I tried the "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" options in the printer
    settings,
    > but to no avail. I'm not sure what to do next, and would greatly
    > appreciatie any suggestions/advice anyone has to offer.
    >
    > Thanks for any help. -Pat

    You can try soaking the print head in ammonia solution (Windex would work
    fine)

    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

    "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message

    > "Pat" <pkelecy@insightbb*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
    > > I got this printer last Christmas for printing photos from our digital
    > > camera, and after using it only a dozen times or so over the past 6
    month
    > it
    > > stopped printing black. I suspect it's a clogged nozzel from lack of
    use.
    > > I tried the "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" options in the printer
    > settings,
    > > but to no avail. I'm not sure what to do next, and would greatly
    > > appreciatie any suggestions/advice anyone has to offer.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help. -Pat
    >
    > You can try soaking the print head in ammonia solution (Windex would work
    > fine)

    It's still under guarantee. Call Canon.
    www.coribright.com

    "Pat" <pkelecy@insightbb*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
    >I got this printer last Christmas for printing photos from our digital
    > camera, and after using it only a dozen times or so over the past 6 month
    > it
    > stopped printing black. I suspect it's a clogged nozzel from lack of use.
    > I tried the "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" options in the printer
    > settings,
    > but to no avail. I'm not sure what to do next, and would greatly
    > appreciatie any suggestions/advice anyone has to offer.
    >
    > Thanks for any help. -Pat

Printers Cameras Canon Peripherals