Canon i850 won't print black

pat

Expert

I got this printer last Christmas for printing photos from our digital
camera, and after using it only a dozen times or so over the past 6 month it
stopped printing black. I suspect it's a clogged nozzel from lack of use.
I tried the "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" options in the printer settings,
but to no avail. I'm not sure what to do next, and would greatly
appreciatie any suggestions/advice anyone has to offer.

Thanks for any help. -Pat

"Pat" <pkelecy@insightbb*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
> I got this printer last Christmas for printing photos from our digital
> camera, and after using it only a dozen times or so over the past 6 month
it
> stopped printing black. I suspect it's a clogged nozzel from lack of use.
> I tried the "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" options in the printer
settings,
> but to no avail. I'm not sure what to do next, and would greatly
> appreciatie any suggestions/advice anyone has to offer.
>
> Thanks for any help. -Pat

You can try soaking the print head in ammonia solution (Windex would work
fine)

pat

Expert

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message

> "Pat" <pkelecy@insightbb*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
> > I got this printer last Christmas for printing photos from our digital
> > camera, and after using it only a dozen times or so over the past 6
month
> it
> > stopped printing black. I suspect it's a clogged nozzel from lack of
use.
> > I tried the "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" options in the printer
> settings,
> > but to no avail. I'm not sure what to do next, and would greatly
> > appreciatie any suggestions/advice anyone has to offer.
> >
> > Thanks for any help. -Pat
>
> You can try soaking the print head in ammonia solution (Windex would work
> fine)

It's still under guarantee. Call Canon.
www.coribright.com