SP2 honked up wireless on Win XP laptop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
March 20, 2005 11:15:54 AM

My wireless network connection was working fine until I installed SP2 for
WinXP. Since then it has been flakey even though it shows maximum signal
strength. When I boot up or restart the computer it connects fine. If I
disable and enable the wireless connection it fails when trying to obtain an
IP address. It fails also if I try a repair. If I restart the computer it
connects successfully. If I hibernate the computer it reconnects
successfully if it was connected before the hibernation, but it fails if it
had a problem before the hibernation. I also have increased problems
connecting to other access points.

What's happening and how do I fix it?

My laptop is a Dell Latitude C610 with a Dell True Mobile 1150 mini PCI card
(I believe that this is an Orinoco Gold). The 1150 driver is the latest on
the Dell site (I was one rev behind when I applied SP2 and started getting
the symptoms). I have the SSH Sentinel VPN client installed (to get IPSec
without L2TP). I find no relevant entries in the event logs. Dell tech
support has not provided any ideas.

Thanks,

Joe M
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 20, 2005 12:18:19 PM

Please refer to new thread with the information I should have included in
this post. I though it better to start clean. Sorry, Joe M
!