K8N Neo2 LAN problem

Just built a box with a K8N Neo2 Platinum and an AMD Anthon 64 +3500.
Everything works great except the Realtek Gigabit Lan. I can not
create a network. It shows my cable connection(s) in the task manager
and tells me when I disconnect a cable. I have another computer
running on this router so the signal is good. I have attempted to run
directly from the cable modem. I have rebooted the cable modem.

When I go to Network Connections and attempt to Repair the connection
I get this message: "The following steps of the repair operations
failed: Renewing the IP address. Purging the DNS Resolver cache.
Refreshing all DHCP leases and re-registering DNS names."

The Status shows no activity.

The Properties shows Connect Using: "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family
Gigabit Ethernet NIC."
This connection uses the following items: "Client for Microsoft
Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, Internet
Protocol (TCP/IP)".

I've downloaded the latest driver from Realtek. Uninstalled/rebooted.
Installed/rebooted. Disabled/rebooted. Enabled/rebooted. All not
necessarily in that order. What's up? Anyone else have these
problems? Any suggestions? Aloha.
3 answers Last reply
More about neo2 problem

    In news:386c4ae7.0409052319.4fefa934@posting.google.com,
    Rich B <diamondlava@earthlink.net> typed:

    --

    I do not no that board, but try to set it to 100/full duplex. I think auto
    sensing is bothering you.

    GIZKIZ

    http://www.cvanvliet.nl
    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    http://mail.giantcompany.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "but try to set it to 100/full duplex"

    Thanks for the suggest but pardon my ignorance - but how do I do that?
    I would like to try that. It seems to jog a memory of something I
    read.

    Rich B.

    "[Q4O]Gizmo" <gizmo@q4o.nl> wrote in message news:<2q425cFqtf5rU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > In news:386c4ae7.0409052319.4fefa934@posting.google.com,
    > Rich B <diamondlava@earthlink.net> typed:
    > > Just built a box with a K8N Neo2 Platinum and an AMD Anthon 64 +3500.
    > > Everything works great except the Realtek Gigabit Lan. I can not
    > > create a network. It shows my cable connection(s) in the task manager
    > > and tells me when I disconnect a cable. I have another computer
    > > running on this router so the signal is good. I have attempted to run
    > > directly from the cable modem. I have rebooted the cable modem.
    > >
    > > When I go to Network Connections and attempt to Repair the connection
    > > I get this message: "The following steps of the repair operations
    > > failed: Renewing the IP address. Purging the DNS Resolver cache.
    > > Refreshing all DHCP leases and re-registering DNS names."
    > >
    > > The Status shows no activity.
    > >
    > > The Properties shows Connect Using: "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family
    > > Gigabit Ethernet NIC."
    > > This connection uses the following items: "Client for Microsoft
    > > Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, Internet
    > > Protocol (TCP/IP)".
    > >
    > > I've downloaded the latest driver from Realtek. Uninstalled/rebooted.
    > > Installed/rebooted. Disabled/rebooted. Enabled/rebooted. All not
    > > necessarily in that order. What's up? Anyone else have these
    > > problems? Any suggestions? Aloha.
    >
    > --
    >
    > I do not no that board, but try to set it to 100/full duplex. I think auto
    > sensing is bothering you.
    >
    > GIZKIZ
    >
    > http://www.cvanvliet.nl
    > FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    > Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    > http://mail.giantcompany.com
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Never mind I found it. It doesn't seem to make any difference
    unfortunately but I found it. Thanks for the input.

    "[Q4O]Gizmo" <gizmo@q4o.nl> wrote in message news:<2q425cFqtf5rU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > In news:386c4ae7.0409052319.4fefa934@posting.google.com,
    > Rich B <diamondlava@earthlink.net> typed:
    > > Just built a box with a K8N Neo2 Platinum and an AMD Anthon 64 +3500.
    > > Everything works great except the Realtek Gigabit Lan. I can not
    > > create a network. It shows my cable connection(s) in the task manager
    > > and tells me when I disconnect a cable. I have another computer
    > > running on this router so the signal is good. I have attempted to run
    > > directly from the cable modem. I have rebooted the cable modem.
    > >
    > > When I go to Network Connections and attempt to Repair the connection
    > > I get this message: "The following steps of the repair operations
    > > failed: Renewing the IP address. Purging the DNS Resolver cache.
    > > Refreshing all DHCP leases and re-registering DNS names."
    > >
    > > The Status shows no activity.
    > >
    > > The Properties shows Connect Using: "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family
    > > Gigabit Ethernet NIC."
    > > This connection uses the following items: "Client for Microsoft
    > > Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, Internet
    > > Protocol (TCP/IP)".
    > >
    > > I've downloaded the latest driver from Realtek. Uninstalled/rebooted.
    > > Installed/rebooted. Disabled/rebooted. Enabled/rebooted. All not
    > > necessarily in that order. What's up? Anyone else have these
    > > problems? Any suggestions? Aloha.
    >
    > --
    >
    > I do not no that board, but try to set it to 100/full duplex. I think auto
    > sensing is bothering you.
    >
    > GIZKIZ
    >
    > http://www.cvanvliet.nl
    > FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    > Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    > http://mail.giantcompany.com

MSI-Microstar Connection Cable Motherboards