MSI KT3 Ultra2 is dead...

Hi,

i have a PC with the MSI KT3 Ultra2 mainboard. This board has an onboard
RAID controller (Promise). Until yesterday i was happy with this
configuration. But now the machine is dead. The POST-Led's at the bracket
show 2 red and 2 green LED's, which means a problem while init the hard disk
controller. The screen keeps dark.
I unplugged all IDE devices from the board but nothing happend.

Must i have to by a new board?
What happens with all the data in the two hard disks within the RAID-0
stripe set?
Can i buy another mainboard with IDE-RAID (i.e. another RAID controller )
and access the data from my old RAID drives?

Ist there any hint for me?

Greetings
Heiko

"Heiko Lohr" <heiko.lohr@xspam.siemens.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i have a PC with the MSI KT3 Ultra2 mainboard. This board has an onboard
> RAID controller (Promise). Until yesterday i was happy with this
> configuration. But now the machine is dead. The POST-Led's at the bracket
> show 2 red and 2 green LED's, which means a problem while init the hard
> disk
> controller. The screen keeps dark.
> I unplugged all IDE devices from the board but nothing happend.
>
> Must i have to by a new board?
> What happens with all the data in the two hard disks within the RAID-0
> stripe set?
> Can i buy another mainboard with IDE-RAID (i.e. another RAID controller )
> and access the data from my old RAID drives?
>
> Ist there any hint for me?
>
> Greetings
> Heiko

This board and all newer boards come with 2 year warranty in Europe, if you
purchased it within 2 years you can request RMA with the local MSI office in
your area.

"NDF" <none@entered.com> wrote in message

> "Heiko Lohr" <heiko.lohr@xspam.siemens.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have a PC with the MSI KT3 Ultra2 mainboard. This board has an onboard
>> RAID controller (Promise). Until yesterday i was happy with this
>> configuration. But now the machine is dead. The POST-Led's at the bracket
>> show 2 red and 2 green LED's, which means a problem while init the hard
>> disk
>> controller. The screen keeps dark.
>> I unplugged all IDE devices from the board but nothing happend.
>>
>> Must i have to by a new board?
>> What happens with all the data in the two hard disks within the RAID-0
>> stripe set?
>> Can i buy another mainboard with IDE-RAID (i.e. another RAID controller )
>> and access the data from my old RAID drives?
>>
>> Ist there any hint for me?
>>
>> Greetings
>> Heiko
>>

> This board and all newer boards come with 2 year warranty in Europe, if
> you purchased it within 2 years you can request RMA with the local MSI
> office in your area.

Good luck on that. They did not even respond to a request that I made a
time ago.

"W????n" <???????@???????.gov> wrote in message

> "NDF" <none@entered.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Heiko Lohr" <heiko.lohr@xspam.siemens.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i have a PC with the MSI KT3 Ultra2 mainboard. This board has an onboard
>>> RAID controller (Promise). Until yesterday i was happy with this
>>> configuration. But now the machine is dead. The POST-Led's at the
>>> bracket
>>> show 2 red and 2 green LED's, which means a problem while init the hard
>>> disk
>>> controller. The screen keeps dark.
>>> I unplugged all IDE devices from the board but nothing happend.
>>>
>>> Must i have to by a new board?
>>> What happens with all the data in the two hard disks within the RAID-0
>>> stripe set?
>>> Can i buy another mainboard with IDE-RAID (i.e. another RAID
>>> controller )
>>> and access the data from my old RAID drives?
>>>
>>> Ist there any hint for me?
>>>
>>> Greetings
>>> Heiko
>>>

>> This board and all newer boards come with 2 year warranty in Europe, if
>> you purchased it within 2 years you can request RMA with the local MSI
>> office in your area.
>>

> Good luck on that. They did not even respond to a request that I made a
> time ago.

MSI here in UK are very good.

If you have no luck with the local office then contact their Head Office.

BP

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:49:40 +0200, "Heiko Lohr"
<heiko.lohr@xspam.siemens.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i have a PC with the MSI KT3 Ultra2 mainboard. This board has an onboard
>RAID controller (Promise). Until yesterday i was happy with this
>configuration. But now the machine is dead. The POST-Led's at the bracket
>show 2 red and 2 green LED's, which means a problem while init the hard disk
>controller. The screen keeps dark.
>I unplugged all IDE devices from the board but nothing happend.
>
>Must i have to by a new board?
>What happens with all the data in the two hard disks within the RAID-0
>stripe set?

Good chance that it's gone unless you get a MB with the same RAID
controller. Better yet get the same board.

>Can i buy another mainboard with IDE-RAID (i.e. another RAID controller )
>and access the data from my old RAID drives?

see above

>Ist there any hint for me?

??