Question: connecting my Antec P160 to my K7T Turbo 2

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

I just bought an Antec P160 case. It has front connectors for IEEE,
audio, and 2 USB. None of the connectors match my MSI m/b. The MSI
has a 10 pin USB2 connector, but while the wire coming from the P160
has a 10-pin connector, one of the corner pins is blocked. Also, I'm
not sure the pin assignments match up.

Also, the P160 has a 10-pin audio connector. Can I get a sound card
that will connect to that, since the K7T doesn't have onboard audio?

Thanks!

The USB2 motherboard connection is clearly described in the manual.
I didn't have any problem to connect the front connector in a similar
situation.

Nobody wrote:

> I just bought an Antec P160 case. It has front connectors for IEEE,
> audio, and 2 USB. None of the connectors match my MSI m/b. The MSI
> has a 10 pin USB2 connector, but while the wire coming from the P160
> has a 10-pin connector, one of the corner pins is blocked. Also, I'm
> not sure the pin assignments match up.
>
> Also, the P160 has a 10-pin audio connector. Can I get a sound card
> that will connect to that, since the K7T doesn't have onboard audio?
>
> Thanks!

KG

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Sorry about being Off track but does anyone out there have a MSI K7T Turbo 2 running an oc Barton?
If you decide to email a reply please read my signature.

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:33:50 +0200, "Eric P." <Eric.P@discussions.inter.nl.net> wrote:

>The USB2 motherboard connection is clearly described in the manual.
>I didn't have any problem to connect the front connector in a similar
>situation.
>
>Nobody wrote:
>
>> I just bought an Antec P160 case. It has front connectors for IEEE,
>> audio, and 2 USB. None of the connectors match my MSI m/b. The MSI
>> has a 10 pin USB2 connector, but while the wire coming from the P160
>> has a 10-pin connector, one of the corner pins is blocked. Also, I'm
>> not sure the pin assignments match up.
>>
>> Also, the P160 has a 10-pin audio connector. Can I get a sound card
>> that will connect to that, since the K7T doesn't have onboard audio?
>>
>> Thanks!

*****************
Thank You kgs@msbx.net

Sure companies say they're sensitive to their employees' cultural heritages,
but show up on casual Friday wearing a necklace made from the ears of
your vanquished enemies and all hell breaks loose.

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

I forgot what a Barton is.
This is what I'm running.

[ WCPUID Version 3.1a (c) 1996-2002 By H.Oda! ]

Processor #1 : AMD Athlon XP (Model 8) / 43B6DFF3
Platform : Socket A (Socket 462)
Vendor String : AuthenticAMD
CPU Type : Original OEM Processor (0)
Family : 6 (7)
Model : 8 (8)
Stepping ID : 1 (1)
Brand : ----
APIC : ----
HT Log.CPU Cnt : ----
Name String : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+

Internal Clock : 1992.00 MHz
System Bus : 265.60 MHz DDR
System Clock : 132.80 MHz
Multiplier : 15.0

KG wrote:
> Sorry about being Off track but does anyone out there have a MSI K7T Turbo 2 running an oc Barton?
> If you decide to email a reply please read my signature.
>

> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:33:50 +0200, "Eric P." <Eric.P@discussions.inter.nl.net> wrote:
>

>>The USB2 motherboard connection is clearly described in the manual.
>>I didn't have any problem to connect the front connector in a similar
>>situation.
>>
>>Nobody wrote:
>>

>>>I just bought an Antec P160 case. It has front connectors for IEEE,
>>>audio, and 2 USB. None of the connectors match my MSI m/b. The MSI
>>>has a 10 pin USB2 connector, but while the wire coming from the P160
>>>has a 10-pin connector, one of the corner pins is blocked. Also, I'm
>>>not sure the pin assignments match up.
>>>
>>>Also, the P160 has a 10-pin audio connector. Can I get a sound card
>>>that will connect to that, since the K7T doesn't have onboard audio?
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>

> *****************
> Thank You kgs@msbx.net
>
> Sure companies say they're sensitive to their employees' cultural heritages,
> but show up on casual Friday wearing a necklace made from the ears of
> your vanquished enemies and all hell breaks loose.
>
> To reply to this email please remove the AT
> after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:33:50 +0200, "Eric P."
<Eric.P@discussions.inter.nl.net> wrote:

>The USB2 motherboard connection is clearly described in the manual.
>I didn't have any problem to connect the front connector in a similar
>situation.

Thanks so much for the clarification, as I hadn't bothered to read the
manual.

Now on a serious note: the manual says, "There are two black, 5-pin
USB connectors on cables attached to the front bezel."

Yes, very clear. As opposed to the two black, 5-pin IEEE connectors
on cables attached to the front bezel. Neither are labeled, both the
USB and IEEE have 7 wires, both have black 5-pin connectors, both come
out of the bowels of the front bezel. Very clear indeed. But the
manual does give this helpful bit of advice: "DO NOT connect the IEEE
1394 connectors to your motherboard's USB header." Thanks for that.

Why didn't you just tell me which connector you used to connect to
your MSI K7T Turbo2 USB2 location? The one with the thicker white and
a blue wire, or the thinner white and a green wire?

<Why do people take the time and trouble to respord to Usenet posts to
NOT answer the poster's question?>