MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum freezes with Bios 1.20

I have bought a MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum, equipped it with 3.2GHz Prescott, 2*512MB Infenion DDR2/533 Dimms.
I have done the complete LiveUpdate, including the 1.20 Bios. Afterwards the computer froze every ten minutes, even on idle.
I spoke to the german MSI support, after trying everything they suggested, I returned the Board to my dealer an got a new one.
The new Board ran fine with Bios 1.1 and showed the same problems with Bios 1.2 - back to 1.1 and everyting is ok again.

Now to the question:
Does anyone run WinXP on a 915P N2P with Bios 1.2.
Have I got boards from a bad series? Or is Bios 1.2 generally buggy?

soeren
2 answers Last reply
More about 915p neo2 platinum freezes bios

    "Soeren Springmann" <springmann.soeren@hamburg.de> schreef in bericht
    > I have bought a MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum, equipped it with 3.2GHz Prescott,
    2*512MB Infenion DDR2/533 Dimms.
    > I have done the complete LiveUpdate, including the 1.20 Bios. Afterwards
    the computer froze every ten minutes, even on idle.
    > I spoke to the german MSI support, after trying everything they suggested,
    I returned the Board to my dealer an got a new one.
    > The new Board ran fine with Bios 1.1 and showed the same problems with
    Bios 1.2 - back to 1.1 and everyting is ok again.

    > Now to the question:
    > Does anyone run WinXP on a 915P N2P with Bios 1.2.
    > Have I got boards from a bad series? Or is Bios 1.2 generally buggy?
    >
    > soeren

    I think it is your powersuply, you have to have at lest 480 watt.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "> I think it is your powersuply, you have to have at lest 480 watt.

    Thats what I have, its a Tagan TG480-U01

MSI-Microstar Platinum BIOS Motherboards