A drive searching when open folders

I have a workstation that saves files to the a: drive frequently.
This has caused problems with the browsing. Every time the user
opens a folder, a search for the a: is done. Also, she cannot
shutdown the computer without search for the a: drive. Is there any
way I can get rid of the search/recent doc for the a:\ ?

It may happen that Windows is looking for files on drive A:\, follow these
steps to clear recently accessed documents list. Right-click Taskbar and
select Propertes. Now select Start Menu> Customize> Clear.

Some Antivirus software may also check the A:\ drive while shutdown, so that
is normal. You can also try disabling all background software temporarily,
using msconfig

1. Click Start and select Run.
2. Type MSConfig and press Enter.
3. Click the Startup tab.
4. Click Disable All
5. Click OK.
6. Restart the system.

If you are getting a message "System Configuration Utility you are using the
selective startup for troubleshooting your system", I suggest you check the
check box in that window and click OK. This occurs if you are using the
Selective startup option and not using the normal startup to reduce the
number of startup programs.

Let us know if any of the above helps.

Abhilash Tibrewal
MCSA