this morning my volume was working fine. when i came home from work, i
tried to listen to some music on my computer and no sound came from my
speakers. i checked the volume control to make sure that it was not on
mute. it was not on mute. i made sure that the volume was turned and it
was but still no volume. after a while i tried it again and nothing.
in an other instance i was downloading a movie, well needless to say
the movie downloaded but with no volume. i got an error message saying
the soundcard was not working. what can i do to fix this problem. the
fast response will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

mitchellp

--
mitchellp

mitchellp <mitchellp.1k8jpn@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>this morning my volume was working fine. when i came home from work, i
>tried to listen to some music on my computer and no sound came from my
>speakers. i checked the volume control to make sure that it was not on
>mute. it was not on mute. i made sure that the volume was turned and it
>was but still no volume.

See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).

--
(tm)

"error message saying the soundcard was not working."

how about replacing in with a new soundcard?