rowan

I have recently reinstalled windows on my d:. There is no sound,
everything is plugged in right. THe C: has sound but the d: says no audio
device.

please help

You would need to install the correct sound card driver on the "d:"
installation if you expect to have sound on the "d:" installation. I
suggest looking at the "c:" installation for clues. (see Device Manager)

Rowan wrote:

> I have recently reinstalled windows on my d:. There is no sound,
> everything is plugged in right. THe C: has sound but the d: says no audio
> device.
>
> please help

Assuming you're refering to a dual boot system here with your reference to
"C:" and "D:".

You need the correct drivers for the sound card for the XP installation.
They can be obtained from the manufacturer web site.