Micro-Star Motherboard Does Not interact with disks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have recently upgraded to a micro-star ms-6734 motherboard, and after the
system POSTs I get the 'how would you like to start windows' screen, which
lets you choose whether to start in safe mode etc. Then whatever I choose I
get a STOP ERROR screen - 0x0000007. (I'm trying to use an AMD Athlon XP
2000+ processor.)

In addition, the board will not recognise a floppy disk, it just says Disk
I/O error, and will not read the disk. I was at one point able to boot up to
a floppy but now for some strange reason I get nothing.

I have tweaked all the BIOS settings I can think of, both my hard disks are
UDMA so that shouldnt be a problem. I also have the full 80 strand IDE cables
and the disks definately work because I was previously using them in my older
system (based on an old 1998 VIA motherboard.

Does anybody have any ideas? My system is now useless!

Many thanks for any help,

John Kenchington

1. Repair install of XP.
2. Faulty FDD - replace.