HELP! XP3000+ detected as 2200+

I'm upgrading my CPU from Athlon XP 1700+ to 3000+

Motherboard is MSI KT3 Ultra2 w/ BIOS version 5.7.

Version 5.7 of the BIOS is supposed to support the 3000+(333), and several
posts on this forum verified that.

So, prior to upgrade, the processor was correctly detected as AMD XP 1700+
(1.47 GHz). After upgrade, processor is detected as AMD SP 2200+ (1.73
GHz), both during the boot screen and in Windows. The FSB is still set at
133 MHz.

The label on the processor is AXDA3000DKV4D, which is correct for the
expected model. Am I doing anything wrong, or was I shipped an incorrectly
labeled processor? Note that I purchased it from Buyaib.com for $95.

BTW, note that when I tried changing the FSB to 166, the system would no
longer boot and I had to reset the CMOS settings before I could continue.

Thanks,

Radu

Problem was with the RAM speed BIOS Settings.

In Advanced Chipset Features the SDRAM setting should be HCLK.
I had left it at HCLK+33 which is what I used with my 1700+ and PC2700 RAM.

Radu