MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - Okay, which heatsink / fan should ..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

All of my "expert" friends (meaning they know what they're talking
about and I don't) have told me the same thing: Get Thermalright
if you can. Sadly, Thermalright's own webpage confirms that they
don't have any models which would be compatible with this
motherboard. Since we're talking about air cooling here, and the
Athlon 64 isn't exactly an overclocking monster to begin with, I
don't feel too bad about having to settle for something lesser, as
I expect the difference between Thermalright and whoever's second
best is minimal.

But I'm still at a loss as to what product I should get, heatsink
wise. I've already been reading hints that any of the Panasonic
PanaFlo fans would be a good choice, for air-movement-to-noise-level
ratios, which are at least something of a concern to me. But..
which heatsink to get? :) What works best, if it's not Thermalright?

Thanks in advance!

guido

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

Have you checked here ?