MSI KT3 Ultra2 ARU

gerald

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Just curious, what is the fastest processor one has attached to this
mobo and the speed attained - stable without problems.

My MSI KT3 Ultra2 ARU now runs on a AthlonXP 1600 and I am thinking of
upgrading the processor to a faster one - which should be going cheap
now. Any recommendations?

cheers
Gerald

On 19 Sep 2004 04:09:23 -0700, gerald_my@hotmail.com (Gerald) wrote:

>Just curious, what is the fastest processor one has attached to this
>mobo and the speed attained - stable without problems.
>
>My MSI KT3 Ultra2 ARU now runs on a AthlonXP 1600 and I am thinking of
>upgrading the processor to a faster one - which should be going cheap
>now. Any recommendations?

Barton 2500+ here - and no 2800+ because I was afraid it wouldn't
work. The Barton 3000+ should also work.

But do get some decent RAM [PC3200 or better, as 2700 will not work
at anything but the slowest speed settings for the RAM :-( ] to go
along with either.

gerald

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Rolf Egil Sølvik wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2004 04:09:23 -0700, gerald_my@hotmail.com (Gerald) wrote:
>>Just curious, what is the fastest processor one has attached to this
>>mobo and the speed attained - stable without problems.
>>
>>My MSI KT3 Ultra2 ARU now runs on a AthlonXP 1600 and I am thinking of
>>upgrading the processor to a faster one - which should be going cheap
>>now. Any recommendations?

> Barton 2500+ here - and no 2800+ because I was afraid it wouldn't
> work. The Barton 3000+ should also work.
>
> But do get some decent RAM [PC3200 or better, as 2700 will not work
> at anything but the slowest speed settings for the RAM :-( ] to go
> along with either.

Many thanks Rolf Egil Sølvik. The idea of changing the RAMs is not so
appealing for a simple speed bump, but I guess you are right.

I'll have to give it some thought.

Anyone else?

cheers
Gerald

Gerald wrote:
> Rolf Egil Sølvik wrote:
>> On 19 Sep 2004 04:09:23 -0700, gerald_my@hotmail.com (Gerald) wrote:
>>> Just curious, what is the fastest processor one has attached to this
>>> mobo and the speed attained - stable without problems.
>>>
>>> My MSI KT3 Ultra2 ARU now runs on a AthlonXP 1600 and I am thinking
>>> of upgrading the processor to a faster one - which should be going
>>> cheap now. Any recommendations?
>
>> Barton 2500+ here - and no 2800+ because I was afraid it wouldn't
>> work. The Barton 3000+ should also work.
>>
>> But do get some decent RAM [PC3200 or better, as 2700 will not work
>> at anything but the slowest speed settings for the RAM :-( ] to go
>> along with either.
>
> Many thanks Rolf Egil Sølvik. The idea of changing the RAMs is not so
> appealing for a simple speed bump, but I guess you are right.
>
> I'll have to give it some thought.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> cheers
> Gerald

What are the specs of your current memory Gerald?

neopolaris

gerald

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

neopolaris wrote:
> Gerald wrote:
>
>>Rolf Egil Sølvik wrote:

>>> Barton 2500+ here - and no 2800+ because I was afraid it wouldn't
>>>work. The Barton 3000+ should also work.
>>>
>>> But do get some decent RAM [PC3200 or better, as 2700 will not work
>>>at anything but the slowest speed settings for the RAM :-( ] to go
>>>along with either.
>>
>>Many thanks Rolf Egil Sølvik. The idea of changing the RAMs is not so
>>appealing for a simple speed bump, but I guess you are right.
>>
>>I'll have to give it some thought.
>>
>>Anyone else?
>>
>>cheers
>>Gerald
>

> What are the specs of your current memory Gerald?
>
> neopolaris

I just rechecked:

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1700 (1.46Ghz)
RAMS: Apacer PC2700 512MB (256x2) DDR RAM (333Mhz)

Since the Athlon XP is reaching the end of its product life cycle and I
could get it cheap now, I am considering an upgrade.

Any advice is appreciated.

cheers
Gerald

check your email Gerald.