Darrell

OK. This is getting very frustrating. This is an extension of an earlier
post "Error Installing Printer". After contacting M$, and using one of
my two free support tickets, then solving it myself, I am having a
similar problem installing drivers for my camera. Plug it in to the
computer, turn it on, the OS detects the proper camera model and starts
looking for drivers. It starts to copy the first few files then quits
and says: "There was an error blah blah blah. The data is invalid." Even
when I point exclusively to the Windows XP CD (like I did for the
printer drivers) I get the same message. Looked on M$ support site and
found a doc that was very similar to my problem. It dealt with recopying
the DRIVER.CAB file from CD. Did that in Safe Mode and it still will not
work! I hate Microsoft products. Any help would be appreciated.

Darrell

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:04:15 -0600, Darrell
<Darrell.Wright.nospam@okc.gov> wrote:

>OK. This is getting very frustrating. This is an extension of an earlier
>post "Error Installing Printer". After contacting M$, and using one of
>my two free support tickets, then solving it myself, I am having a
>similar problem installing drivers for my camera. Plug it in to the
>computer, turn it on, the OS detects the proper camera model and starts
>looking for drivers. It starts to copy the first few files then quits
>and says: "There was an error blah blah blah. The data is invalid." Even
>when I point exclusively to the Windows XP CD (like I did for the
>printer drivers) I get the same message. Looked on M$ support site and
>found a doc that was very similar to my problem. It dealt with recopying
>the DRIVER.CAB file from CD. Did that in Safe Mode and it still will not
>work! I hate Microsoft products. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Darrell

This should fix it:
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst
Change entries that have 'read only' for USB to 'full permissions'
and reboot.
Be careful while editing the registry.

Darrell

Shelly F wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:04:15 -0600, Darrell
> <Darrell.Wright.nospam@okc.gov> wrote:
>

>>OK. This is getting very frustrating. This is an extension of an earlier
>>post "Error Installing Printer". After contacting M$, and using one of
>>my two free support tickets, then solving it myself, I am having a
>>similar problem installing drivers for my camera. Plug it in to the
>>computer, turn it on, the OS detects the proper camera model and starts
>>looking for drivers. It starts to copy the first few files then quits
>>and says: "There was an error blah blah blah. The data is invalid." Even
>>when I point exclusively to the Windows XP CD (like I did for the
>>printer drivers) I get the same message. Looked on M$ support site and
>>found a doc that was very similar to my problem. It dealt with recopying
>>the DRIVER.CAB file from CD. Did that in Safe Mode and it still will not
>>work! I hate Microsoft products. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>Darrell
>

> This should fix it:
> http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst
> Change entries that have 'read only' for USB to 'full permissions'
> and reboot.
> Be careful while editing the registry.

Thanks for that info. Seems I had tried that with the printer as well
and it did not fix the problem. I still error out with the same message
and cannot install the drivers.

Anything or anybody else?