I cant seem to use Disk Cleanup - it asks me what drive I want to cleanup, I
select a drive and then it stays on the Calculating screen and won't go any
further. If anyone out there has a solution on how to fix this then could you
let me know asap. Many thanks.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248
Or
Follow this link:
Line 48, Right column "Disk Cleanup - Compress..."
Save on Desktop.
Double click the icon once downloaded.
The icon can then be discarded.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Shaunywa" <Shaunywa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cant seem to use Disk Cleanup - it asks me what drive I want to cleanup,
> select a drive and then it stays on the Calculating screen and won't go
> any
> further. If anyone out there has a solution on how to fix this then could
> you
> let me know asap. Many thanks.

"Shaunywa" <Shaunywa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cant seem to use Disk Cleanup - it asks me what drive I want to cleanup,
> select a drive and then it stays on the Calculating screen and won't go
> any
> further. If anyone out there has a solution on how to fix this then could
> you
> let me know asap. Many thanks.

If it is constantly running, it is because you haven't used it in a long
time. You will get advice to switch this or that part of it off in Registry
etc so it runs faster. Well, if you cut a leg off, you don't run faster.
Just set it to run the way it is supposed to run, go out and have a good
time then when you get home many hours later, it should be OK. Make sure
each item is ticked and let it run again. It will take an equally long time
to finish. Once it has gotten through it all, it will take a lot less time
to run thereafter, providing you run it AT LEAST weekly.