MSI 865PE Neo2 - Onboard LAN stopped working

Recently, the onboard LAN controller of my MSI 865PE Neo2 mainboard stopped
working all of a sudden after a reboot. Windows XP cannot detect it anymore
and the option to enable/disable onboard LAN that was available before is
gone completely. I updated the BIOS to version 2.30 but it didn't bring my
onboard LAN back. Is there any way to get it back or is my mainboard slowly
dying? It's only a few months old, so I believe it should still be under
warranty, but if I had to send it in I would be without a computer for a
while which wouldn't ne an ideal solution.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Glzmo

Check your BIOS settings and make sure that you have the "OnBoard LAN"
enabled. Check under "Integrated Peripherals". It's also a good idea
whenever you flash a new BIOS to reset the BIOS to its default
settings first, then make your preferred settings for boot order,
speed, etc.

Paul

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:04:59 GMT, "Glzmo" <glzmo@NOyahooSPAM.com>
wrote:

>Recently, the onboard LAN controller of my MSI 865PE Neo2 mainboard stopped
>working all of a sudden after a reboot. Windows XP cannot detect it anymore
>and the option to enable/disable onboard LAN that was available before is
>gone completely. I updated the BIOS to version 2.30 but it didn't bring my
>onboard LAN back. Is there any way to get it back or is my mainboard slowly
>dying? It's only a few months old, so I believe it should still be under
>warranty, but if I had to send it in I would be without a computer for a
>while which wouldn't ne an ideal solution.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Glzmo

----
Paul Hurley
Caliban Computing
http://www.Caliban.com/
Spam resistant return email address.

"Paul Hurley" <hurleyp@NoSpam.caliban.com> wrote in message
> Check your BIOS settings and make sure that you have the "OnBoard LAN"
> enabled. Check under "Integrated Peripherals". It's also a good idea

I failed to say before that the option has vanished from the BIOS as well,
so I cannot set it anymore (before and after flashing the new BIOS).

> whenever you flash a new BIOS to reset the BIOS to its default
> settings first, then make your preferred settings for boot order,
> speed, etc.
>
> Paul
>
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:04:59 GMT, "Glzmo" <glzmo@NOyahooSPAM.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Recently, the onboard LAN controller of my MSI 865PE Neo2 mainboard
>>stopped
>>working all of a sudden after a reboot. Windows XP cannot detect it
>>anymore
>>and the option to enable/disable onboard LAN that was available before is
>>gone completely. I updated the BIOS to version 2.30 but it didn't bring my
>>onboard LAN back. Is there any way to get it back or is my mainboard
>>slowly
>>dying? It's only a few months old, so I believe it should still be under
>>warranty, but if I had to send it in I would be without a computer for a
>>while which wouldn't ne an ideal solution.
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Glzmo
>>

> ----
> Paul Hurley
> Caliban Computing
> http://www.Caliban.com/
> Spam resistant return email address.

Sorry, I should have read your posting first, before I replied. ;-)

I can't say I've ever seen that problem, and I've been using that same
board for over a year. Have you tried resetting the BIOS back to
default to try to convince the LAN to re-appear? Do you have an
earlier version of the BIOS that you can re-flash? (I'm using 2.30
and it works well.) Another possibility is something like a power hit
that may have cooked the LAN portion of your mobo. If worse comes to
worse, you may have to take the mobo back for repairs. :-(

Paul

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:24:10 GMT, "Glzmo" <glzmo@NOyahooSPAM.com>
wrote:

>"Paul Hurley" <hurleyp@NoSpam.caliban.com> wrote in message
>> Check your BIOS settings and make sure that you have the "OnBoard LAN"
>> enabled. Check under "Integrated Peripherals". It's also a good idea
>
>I failed to say before that the option has vanished from the BIOS as well,
>so I cannot set it anymore (before and after flashing the new BIOS).
>
>> whenever you flash a new BIOS to reset the BIOS to its default
>> settings first, then make your preferred settings for boot order,
>> speed, etc.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:04:59 GMT, "Glzmo" <glzmo@NOyahooSPAM.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Recently, the onboard LAN controller of my MSI 865PE Neo2 mainboard
>>>stopped
>>>working all of a sudden after a reboot. Windows XP cannot detect it
>>>anymore
>>>and the option to enable/disable onboard LAN that was available before is
>>>gone completely. I updated the BIOS to version 2.30 but it didn't bring my
>>>onboard LAN back. Is there any way to get it back or is my mainboard
>>>slowly
>>>dying? It's only a few months old, so I believe it should still be under
>>>warranty, but if I had to send it in I would be without a computer for a
>>>while which wouldn't ne an ideal solution.
>>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>>Glzmo
>>>

>> ----