Modem not working in Xp- works in win98

Thanks for reply.
Yes. I have confirmed from site that the drivers are
supports winxp.
If I let XP find the best driversuitable driver, it
detects modem as Best Data Modem and installs it. With
this, if I dial any number, modem hengs and stops
responding.

This is the only problem which stops me from using Win XP.

Any other suggession please.
Thanks again.
Jagruti

If WinXP detects it as the Best Data Modem, use the Update Drivers wizard to
install the Conexant drivers, since the manufacturer drivers are usually the
best. Also try the Microsoft Website:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q308022/

Also adjust the following settings:

1. Disable "Wait for dial tone before dialing".
2. Change the number of seconds listed in the Cancel a call if not connected
within x secs field(set it at 60 secs) if it takes a long time to make a
connection.
3. Check that the appropriate if tone or pulse dialing method is set. You
can get the correct setting from your working Win98 configuration.

Now try dialing a known working local landline number(apart from the ISP
number).

Let us know if it helps.

"Jagruti" <jagruti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for reply.
> Yes. I have confirmed from site that the drivers are
> supports winxp.
> If I let XP find the best driversuitable driver, it
> detects modem as Best Data Modem and installs it. With
> this, if I dial any number, modem hengs and stops
> responding.
>
> This is the only problem which stops me from using Win XP.
>
> Any other suggession please.
> Thanks again.
> Jagruti

bar

If this is all that's stopping you, go out and buy a new internal [PCI Plug -
in] modem.

They're only $15.00 and newer units will be fully certified for XP.