USB 2.0 & Service Pack 1A

February 11, 2005 7:40:23 AM

I have updated to Service Pack 1A in order to make a new 2.0 controller I
have installed work poperly at high speed. My computer soesn't seem to
recognize that SP1A has been installed and wont let me install the drivers
for the new USB 2.0 card. Can I re-install Service Pack 1A without
complications??

Rob C

More about : usb service pack

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:25:27 PM

RobC wrote:

>I have updated to Service Pack 1A in order to make a new 2.0 controller I
>have installed work poperly at high speed. My computer soesn't seem to
>recognize that SP1A has been installed and wont let me install the drivers
>for the new USB 2.0 card. Can I re-install Service Pack 1A without
>complications??

First try the update USB 2.0 drivers from
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;822603

February 12, 2005 2:46:04 AM

Have you contacted the USB 2.0 controller manufacturer? I don't feel it is
necessary to have SP1 installed to have the add-on card function at
Hi-speed(480Mbps). The drivers bundled with the USB controller card must be
enough to ensure full functionality. What is the error you are getting while
installing the card drivers?

"RobC" <rchrust@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have updated to Service Pack 1A in order to make a new 2.0 controller I
> have installed work poperly at high speed. My computer soesn't seem to
> recognize that SP1A has been installed and wont let me install the drivers
> for the new USB 2.0 card. Can I re-install Service Pack 1A without
> complications??
>

> Rob C

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 11:01:32 AM

One thing to note about USB2 PCI cards is that though they WILL work at peak
efficiency (I have put them in W2K machines that are years old), what can
still kill them working properly is the other hardware. You cant have a pump
pushing 480 gallons a second if the pipe isn't wide enough! :)

!