USB 2.0 & Service Pack 1A

I have updated to Service Pack 1A in order to make a new 2.0 controller I
have installed work poperly at high speed. My computer soesn't seem to
recognize that SP1A has been installed and wont let me install the drivers
for the new USB 2.0 card. Can I re-install Service Pack 1A without
complications??

Rob C
3 answers Last reply
More about service pack

    RobC wrote:

    >I have updated to Service Pack 1A in order to make a new 2.0 controller I
    >have installed work poperly at high speed. My computer soesn't seem to
    >recognize that SP1A has been installed and wont let me install the drivers
    >for the new USB 2.0 card. Can I re-install Service Pack 1A without
    >complications??

    First try the update USB 2.0 drivers from
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;822603

    Have you contacted the USB 2.0 controller manufacturer? I don't feel it is
    necessary to have SP1 installed to have the add-on card function at
    Hi-speed(480Mbps). The drivers bundled with the USB controller card must be
    enough to ensure full functionality. What is the error you are getting while
    installing the card drivers?

    "RobC" <rchrust@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I have updated to Service Pack 1A in order to make a new 2.0 controller I
    > have installed work poperly at high speed. My computer soesn't seem to
    > recognize that SP1A has been installed and wont let me install the drivers
    > for the new USB 2.0 card. Can I re-install Service Pack 1A without
    > complications??
    >

    > Rob C

    One thing to note about USB2 PCI cards is that though they WILL work at peak
    efficiency (I have put them in W2K machines that are years old), what can
    still kill them working properly is the other hardware. You cant have a pump
    pushing 480 gallons a second if the pipe isn't wide enough! :)

    "Abhilash Tibrewal(MCSA)" <abhionnetATnospamsify.com> wrote in message

    > Have you contacted the USB 2.0 controller manufacturer? I don't feel it is
    > necessary to have SP1 installed to have the add-on card function at
    > Hi-speed(480Mbps). The drivers bundled with the USB controller card must
    > be enough to ensure full functionality. What is the error you are getting
    > while installing the card drivers?
    >
    > "RobC" <rchrust@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>I have updated to Service Pack 1A in order to make a new 2.0 controller I
    >> have installed work poperly at high speed. My computer soesn't seem to
    >> recognize that SP1A has been installed and wont let me install the
    >> drivers
    >> for the new USB 2.0 card. Can I re-install Service Pack 1A without
    >> complications??
    >>

    >> Rob C

Hardware USB Microsoft Windows XP