Fixing Heater for HP 5L

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

My fuser just died in my LaserJet 5L printer. The film is fine but the
heater strip is cracked. It looks to me like the fixing assembly is only
available as a unit. Does anyone know where I might find a used fixing
assembly at a reasonable price - possibly one that was removed because of a
bad film? I really need this printer for resumes.

Thanks,
Chris

"Chris" <spadfly@earthlink.net> wrote:
>My fuser just died in my LaserJet 5L printer. The film is fine but the
>heater strip is cracked. It looks to me like the fixing assembly is only
>available as a unit. Does anyone know where I might find a used fixing
>assembly at a reasonable price - possibly one that was removed because of a
>bad film? I really need this printer for resumes.

http://fixyourownprinter.com/kkg1.html

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks but that link is for the film only. I need the heater only.

Chris
"Andy Hill" <andy_hill@hp.com> wrote in message
| "Chris" <spadfly@earthlink.net> wrote:
| >My fuser just died in my LaserJet 5L printer. The film is fine but the
| >heater strip is cracked. It looks to me like the fixing assembly is only
| >available as a unit. Does anyone know where I might find a used fixing
| >assembly at a reasonable price - possibly one that was removed because of
| >bad film? I really need this printer for resumes.
| >
| http://fixyourownprinter.com/kkg1.html

Al

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 02:15:58 GMT, "Chris" <spadfly@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Thanks but that link is for the film only. I need the heater only.

I had the fuser replaced in my 5L and it seemed that the heater is the
foil which is part of a Teflon / foil sandwitch.