Firewire driver not recognized

Trav

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004

I added an IEEE firewire card to my computer for my Ipod but it apparently is
only half-recognized or something. When i plug in my Ipod, it will charge but
my system will not recognize the new hardware, and so I cant use it in
Itunes. One time out of the blue, I was asked if i wanted to install itunes
software for ipod and it worked. but after restarting, it isnt recognized as
having an ipod plugged in anymore. i suspect this has to do with the driver
not being recognized, not so much itunes, right?

Does not the Ipod come with a USB adapter for the PCs??