USB Flash Drive doesn't list in My Computer

Hello there

My USB flash drive doesn't get listed in My Computer with the hard drives
and CD Rom drives. Windows XP recorgnized the flash drive model and loaded
correct driver, the message said the device is installed and ready to use but
when I check My Computer drive list it is not there. What else I need to set
or change to see my flash drive to access the files on it ? Please help.

Thanks

VT
3 answers Last reply
More about flash drive doesn list computer

    Is it listed in "disk Management"?? You may have to assign a drive letter
    to it.

    "VT" <VT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello there
    >
    > My USB flash drive doesn't get listed in My Computer with the hard drives
    > and CD Rom drives. Windows XP recorgnized the flash drive model and loaded
    > correct driver, the message said the device is installed and ready to use
    > but
    > when I check My Computer drive list it is not there. What else I need to
    > set
    > or change to see my flash drive to access the files on it ? Please help.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > VT

    Also check Device Manager, if it is truly installed properly. My USB flash
    disk has three entries; under Disk Drives, under Storage Volumes and under
    USB Controllers.

    > Is it listed in "disk Management"?? You may have to assign a drive letter
    > to it.
    >
    > "VT" <VT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello there
    >>
    >> My USB flash drive doesn't get listed in My Computer with the hard drives
    >> and CD Rom drives. Windows XP recorgnized the flash drive model and
    >> loaded
    >> correct driver, the message said the device is installed and ready to use
    >> but
    >> when I check My Computer drive list it is not there. What else I need to
    >> set
    >> or change to see my flash drive to access the files on it ? Please help.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> VT

    Thanks. I will give a shot.

    VT

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > Is it listed in "disk Management"?? You may have to assign a drive letter
    > to it.
    >
    > "VT" <VT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello there
    > >
    > > My USB flash drive doesn't get listed in My Computer with the hard drives
    > > and CD Rom drives. Windows XP recorgnized the flash drive model and loaded
    > > correct driver, the message said the device is installed and ready to use
    > > but
    > > when I check My Computer drive list it is not there. What else I need to
    > > set
    > > or change to see my flash drive to access the files on it ? Please help.
    > >

    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > VT

Computers USB Flash Windows XP