Sony DW-22A DVD Burner(OEM)

February 11, 2005 8:59:27 PM

Two questions regarding this burner:

1. Who makes it?

2. What is Sony's model number for the complete kit?

Roln
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:59:28 PM

Aren't (most?) Sony's made by Lite-On now?

r.

"Roln" <roln@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Two questions regarding this burner:
>
> 1. Who makes it?
>
> 2. What is Sony's model number for the complete kit?
>
> Roln

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:59:28 PM

Sony???

"Roln" <roln@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Two questions regarding this burner:
>
> 1. Who makes it?
>
> 2. What is Sony's model number for the complete kit?
>
> Roln

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:59:28 PM

"Roln" <roln@nospam.com> wrote in message
| Two questions regarding this burner:
|
| 1. Who makes it?
|
| 2. What is Sony's model number for the complete kit?
|
| Roln

I don't know the answer to your first question. When you say "complete kit"
I assume you mean the retail version? There might not be a directly
analogous retail version. The reason you can't find anything on Sony's site
is that it's an OEM drive, and Sony (as well as most others) will support
only retail purchases. This means, among other things, that if there is a
retail version of the same drive, and Sony updates the firmware, you'll be
SOL because the firmware update will not work on the OEM version.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:22:34 PM

"namniar" wrote:.
> Aren't (most?) Sony's made by Lite-On now?

You are probably right, but how would I find out for sure?
The Sony web site doesn't support the model DW-22A.
In fact, they don't know it exists!
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:24:13 PM

No, Sony does make this drive. The Sony web site doesn't acknowledge this
model.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:
> Sony???
>
>>> 1. Who makes it?
>>
>> 2. What is Sony's model number for the complete kit?
>>
>> Roln

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 12:16:25 AM

Did some surfing. The consensus is this unit is made by Lite-On for Sony.
Based on the Lite-On 1633.
Is very picky about the media you put in it (call tech support for
compatible blank media - I recommend this for any drive as well).

If you thinking of returning it check out the LG GSA-4163B
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?A...

I am very happy with a previous model the GSA-4120B and of course the newer
model is now cheaper than what I bought the older model for. :)

> "namniar" wrote:.
>> Aren't (most?) Sony's made by Lite-On now?
>>

> You are probably right, but how would I find out for sure?
> The Sony web site doesn't support the model DW-22A.
> In fact, they don't know it exists!

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 4:50:48 PM

USA - Iowa

>>>"Newtechie" wrote:
You're welcome!

Where do you live?
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 4:50:49 PM

Good morning Roln,

You're not too far from me! I'm in northern IL. If you send me your
mailing address, I'll send you a copy of the disc. In the meantime, you
could use the trial version of Nero. I hope you can read between the lines
here: my email is smileychgo at yahoo dot com. Put "Roln" in the subject
line so I won't think it's spam.

Newtechie

!