MSI "K8T Neo-FIS2R No BIOS found

MSI "K8T Neo-FIS2R
Athlon 64 3000+
cosair value select 512 pc 3200
ATI 9600XT
WD 80GB 7200 8mb IDE drive

Just put this system together yesterday. Have had a few problems so
far. First problem i'm not using SATA drives and when the sysem boots
up it posts an error No BIOS found. and some messages about no SATA.
Do I need to disable SATA on the MB since i'm not using it and not
planing on it? and if so how?

Second I installed Windows XP corp have had several programs stop
responding and the cpu shoots up to 100% untill i get everything
closed and reboot, which takes a while with the cpu at 100. dont now
for sure what is causing the lockup so far doing the same thing twice
doesn't cause it to happen again. just random for now.

thanks

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

nielsenscott wrote:
> MSI "K8T Neo-FIS2R
> Athlon 64 3000+
> cosair value select 512 pc 3200
> ATI 9600XT
> WD 80GB 7200 8mb IDE drive
>
> Just put this system together yesterday. Have had a few problems so
> far. First problem i'm not using SATA drives and when the sysem boots
> up it posts an error No BIOS found. and some messages about no SATA.
> Do I need to disable SATA on the MB since i'm not using it and not
> planing on it? and if so how?
>
> Second I installed Windows XP corp have had several programs stop
> responding and the cpu shoots up to 100% untill i get everything
> closed and reboot, which takes a while with the cpu at 100. dont now
> for sure what is causing the lockup so far doing the same thing twice
> doesn't cause it to happen again. just random for now.
>
> thanks

Just ignore the no BIOS message, I've had no problems because of it.

Sorry, but no idea on the XP issue. I've been running XP on this board
since April (upgraded to SP2 in middle of August) with no problems.

ken

First problem i'm not using SATA drives and when the sysem boots
> up it posts an error No BIOS found. and some messages about no SATA.
> Do I need to disable SATA on the MB since i'm not using it and not
> planing on it? and if so how?

Yes you can disable the Sata controller somewhere into the depths of the
BIOS configs. It will boost up the boot up time I did this too.
You can also disable the Promise RAID controller if you dont use it. It
will boost up the boot up time too.

nielsenscott wrote:
> MSI "K8T Neo-FIS2R
> Athlon 64 3000+
> cosair value select 512 pc 3200
> ATI 9600XT
> WD 80GB 7200 8mb IDE drive
>
> Just put this system together yesterday. Have had a few problems so
> far. First problem i'm not using SATA drives and when the sysem boots
> up it posts an error No BIOS found. and some messages about no SATA.
> Do I need to disable SATA on the MB since i'm not using it and not
> planing on it? and if so how?
>
> Second I installed Windows XP corp have had several programs stop
> responding and the cpu shoots up to 100% untill i get everything
> closed and reboot, which takes a while with the cpu at 100. dont now
> for sure what is causing the lockup so far doing the same thing twice
> doesn't cause it to happen again. just random for now.
>
> thanks

Did you install the Raid drivers using F6 when installing XP?