Whats wrong with my 4mp?

curmudgeon

I have a Laserjet 4mp which has given me years of great service.

Recently, the output began looking "streaky; areas where the print was
faint; would vary from dark to faint on a horizontal plane (along the
line), but would appear in roughly the same place from line to line in the
vertical plane. I tried shaking the toner cart...no help. Went and bought
a new HP cart...same thing occurs.

Is it time to kiss this printer goodbye? What beyond the toner cart can
cause these symptoms? Any reasonable fix?

Thanks

Gary

Alan

"Curmudgeon" <gary@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<R8AFc.960$w56.140@bignews1.bellsouth.net>...
> Thanks for the advice, but I have no idea how to "check out" the fuser....or
> even where it's located.

See <http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/PX-Catalog/PX-AssblyContents.html>
for some info and lots of diagrams.