K8N Neo Nforce3 250gb & Kingston Hyperx compatibility

Just recently purchased a MSI K8n Neo 250gb. Great board, but I had
some samsung C2.5 memory (768mb) and wanted to get something a little
faster. I purchased (2) Kingston hyperX PC3200 KHX3200/512 C2. After
Installation, I just set the BIOS settings for auto, wanting a stable
platform before I started OC'ing. Booted up ok and worked for about
an hour, then in the middle of some video conversion (AVI-DVD) I got
a memory failure? Same thing has happened twice now. This memory
should easily work at 200mhz and 2-2-6-2 setting. Anyone else using
this memory in this Mobo? any problems?

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

No. But have you tried SPD ?
On my board (not the same)i have problems with my Kingston
C2 when set for AUTO in BIOS.

<don.bass@comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
81hml01qkhoduvc2s14p0dppb6o4kvld2p@4ax.com...
> Just recently purchased a MSI K8n Neo 250gb. Great board, but I had
> some samsung C2.5 memory (768mb) and wanted to get something a little
> faster. I purchased (2) Kingston hyperX PC3200 KHX3200/512 C2. After
> Installation, I just set the BIOS settings for auto, wanting a stable
> platform before I started OC'ing. Booted up ok and worked for about
> an hour, then in the middle of some video conversion (AVI-DVD) I got
> a memory failure? Same thing has happened twice now. This memory
> should easily work at 200mhz and 2-2-6-2 setting. Anyone else using
> this memory in this Mobo? any problems?

yes, I did try manually setting the speed, same condition

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:49:20 -0400, "GF" <nono@nowhere.ca> wrote:

>No. But have you tried SPD ?
>On my board (not the same)i have problems with my Kingston
>C2 when set for AUTO in BIOS.
>
><don.bass@comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
>81hml01qkhoduvc2s14p0dppb6o4kvld2p@4ax.com...
>> Just recently purchased a MSI K8n Neo 250gb. Great board, but I had
>> some samsung C2.5 memory (768mb) and wanted to get something a little
>> faster. I purchased (2) Kingston hyperX PC3200 KHX3200/512 C2. After
>> Installation, I just set the BIOS settings for auto, wanting a stable
>> platform before I started OC'ing. Booted up ok and worked for about
>> an hour, then in the middle of some video conversion (AVI-DVD) I got
>> a memory failure? Same thing has happened twice now. This memory
>> should easily work at 200mhz and 2-2-6-2 setting. Anyone else using
>> this memory in this Mobo? any problems?

Mike

Splendid

I have the same memory but a different board. I have it set at
SPD, but sewt the FSB at 201. It does seem a bit weird, but that
setting stabilizes the FSB from floating. Also have the RAM
voltage set at 2.7, which most agree that it should be 2.65 or
better. I originally had what seemed to be memory issues noted
on BSOD's. Agter I changed the Power Supply, I am rock stable.