Firewire doesn't work after Hotfixes

My computer doesn't recognize my external Firewire HD after I just installed
the latest spate of Hotfixes from Microsoft. It would take a while to
troubleshoot (have to uninstall the hotfixes, then install them one by one
to find the culprit, rebooting each time - a lot of trouble!!!). Has anyone
run into this problem? Any quick solutions.
(Using WinXP Pro.)

Thanks.

Pete Giotta

Pete,
Check this link to microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885222
This might apply.

Jeff

"Peter Giotta" <giotta562@charter.net> wrote in message
> My computer doesn't recognize my external Firewire HD after I just
> installed
> the latest spate of Hotfixes from Microsoft. It would take a while to
> troubleshoot (have to uninstall the hotfixes, then install them one by one
> to find the culprit, rebooting each time - a lot of trouble!!!). Has
> anyone
> run into this problem? Any quick solutions.
> (Using WinXP Pro.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Pete Giotta

Jeff -

Thanks. Tried that previously, which also caused the same problem. The
problem diasppeared after I unistalled that particular hotfix.

.........Peter

"Jeff French" <jdfrench3@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Pete,
> Check this link to microsoft:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885222
> This might apply.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Peter Giotta" <giotta562@charter.net> wrote in message
>> My computer doesn't recognize my external Firewire HD after I just
>> installed
>> the latest spate of Hotfixes from Microsoft. It would take a while to
>> troubleshoot (have to uninstall the hotfixes, then install them one by
>> one
>> to find the culprit, rebooting each time - a lot of trouble!!!). Has
>> anyone
>> run into this problem? Any quick solutions.
>> (Using WinXP Pro.)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Pete Giotta

joel

do you have a 1394b hard drive? what is the make/model?

Joel