Will I notice much difference?

logan

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

If I upgrade my AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Thoroughbred 333FSB) to an AMD Athlon
XP 3000+ (Barton 333FSB)?

Cheers

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:49:14 -0500, Logan <Logan.Mail@gmail.com>
wrote:

>If I upgrade my AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Thoroughbred 333FSB) to an AMD Athlon
>XP 3000+ (Barton 333FSB)?
>
>Cheers

No not really. You could possibly overclock that 2600 to get more
performance out of it though. If you want to upgrade i suggest moving
to the A64 platform.

Logan <Logan.Mail@gmail.com> wrote in

> If I upgrade my AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Thoroughbred 333FSB) to an AMD
> Athlon XP 3000+ (Barton 333FSB)?
>
> Cheers

Very little difference I would say, I moved from a 2600 TB to a 64 bit 3000
(Newcastle core) and there's not a lot of difference!.

"MisterFish" <fish@fishykins.com> wrote in message
> Logan <Logan.Mail@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> If I upgrade my AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Thoroughbred 333FSB) to an AMD
>> Athlon XP 3000+ (Barton 333FSB)?
>>
>> Cheers
>
> Very little difference I would say, I moved from a 2600 TB to a 64 bit
> 3000
> (Newcastle core) and there's not a lot of difference!.

No. I overclocked from XP2500 to XP3200 and didn't notice any difference.
Here are some performance tests which include XP3000, XP3200, 64 3000 and 64
3200.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/prescott-tests_13.html

BP

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:06:42 GMT, MisterFish <fish@fishykins.com>
wrote:

>Logan <Logan.Mail@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> If I upgrade my AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Thoroughbred 333FSB) to an AMD
>> Athlon XP 3000+ (Barton 333FSB)?
>>
>> Cheers
>
>Very little difference I would say, I moved from a 2600 TB to a 64 bit 3000
>(Newcastle core) and there's not a lot of difference!.

Then you have something wrong

bp <none@comcast.net> wrote in news:vga1m05ljr35rfc37d1hioshstojd3vjjp@
4ax.com:

> Then you have something wrong

No I don't :)

There isn't a lot of difference between the 2 systems for normal use,
obviously when you start using performance testing software the differences
become readily apparent but for the average user running Word, OE and the
Internet etc. there will be very little difference.