K7T Turbo2 won't restart

Recently my m/b stopped responding to a restart. It goes thru thr motions
then stops without completing. It takes a manual power off to complete. This
is most frustrating when installing software or dealing with a hang up. I
looked for restart.exe...its there. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Larry

KG

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:52:53 GMT, "larry oravetz" <loravetz@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Recently my m/b stopped responding to a restart. It goes thru thr motions
>then stops without completing. It takes a manual power off to complete. This
>is most frustrating when installing software or dealing with a hang up. I
>looked for restart.exe...its there. Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
>Larry

Not uncommon if it is over clocked. On a restart the BIOS resets the core voltage to default. If
the multiplier is set high enough that it needs increased core volts it will fail. On full power
on both the voltage and multiplier are set at default. What are you running and what settings?
Thank You kgs@msbx.net

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and
the government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.