john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi...
I was installing mandrake today and was having mouse issues and
keyboard issues. At the time I had a USB mouse and keyboard attached.
I went into the bios and disabled USB Keyboard & Mouse suppert and
connected a PS2 Mouse & keyboard. Now, when the system boots up they
PS2 keyboard will not work, only after mandrake initializes it on its
bootup will it work, and the PS2 mouse continues not to function in
mandrake (I'll worry about that later). The keyboard will not
function from power-on until the 'Booting Mandrake' screen; I have no
control during the dual boot screen to select Windows. I have already
used the jumper to reset the CMOS, no to avail. I really need to get
into the bios, what do I do???

Thanks in advance,

John

Relevant System Config:
MB: MSI MS-6501 (K7D Master)

First thing is make sure that you have the mouse and keyboard plugged into
the correct sockets. While they will work after boot if you have them the
wrong way round, its often had to be into the BIOS etc if they are crossed
over.

Crimson Liar

"John" <nobodyuknow@post.com> wrote in message
> Hi...
> I was installing mandrake today and was having mouse issues and
> keyboard issues. At the time I had a USB mouse and keyboard attached.
> I went into the bios and disabled USB Keyboard & Mouse suppert and
> connected a PS2 Mouse & keyboard. Now, when the system boots up they
> PS2 keyboard will not work, only after mandrake initializes it on its
> bootup will it work, and the PS2 mouse continues not to function in
> mandrake (I'll worry about that later). The keyboard will not
> function from power-on until the 'Booting Mandrake' screen; I have no
> control during the dual boot screen to select Windows. I have already
> used the jumper to reset the CMOS, no to avail. I really need to get
> into the bios, what do I do???
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John
>
> Relevant System Config: