Nvidia Nforce3 250 & GeForce 5200 conflicts

Just built this new system with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (7025)
montherboard-new, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM Corsair XMS Pro RAM-new,
2 Western Digital 160GB HDD (WD1600JB)-used, GeForce 5200 FX video
card-used, and various other DVD drives, and floppy...

OK... here are the issues:

1) The whole system freezes hard when I tried to implement RAID 0.
Froze during XP install and many times after install. Once I took it
off RAID, using each drive independently, it did not freeze. Any ideas?
I would prefer to use the drives in RAID 0 to take advantage of speed
benefits.

2) With RAID disabled, I have made the system crash hard many times.
When the sytem restores it says it's an Nvidia video driver error. I
wasn't able to make heads or tails from the dump log that XP gave out.
How do I view the file?

I did some checking around on the system, attempting to troubleshoot
this problem myself and found under system information that the Nforce3
AGP Host to PCE Bridge & the 5200 FX video card are sharing the same
memory address. The 5200 also shares the same IRQ as the NIC.

The games I was attempting to run ran smoothly on a 1Ghz computer with
512MB RAM, with the same video card.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about nvidia nforce3 geforce 5200 conflicts

    Check the forum site for help.
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/board.php?boardid=28&sid= copy and paste hope you
    get more answers.

    "Dan N" <dan.cheri@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Just built this new system with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (7025)
    > montherboard-new, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM Corsair XMS Pro RAM-new, 2
    > Western Digital 160GB HDD (WD1600JB)-used, GeForce 5200 FX video
    > card-used, and various other DVD drives, and floppy...
    >
    > OK... here are the issues:
    >
    > 1) The whole system freezes hard when I tried to implement RAID 0. Froze
    > during XP install and many times after install. Once I took it off RAID,
    > using each drive independently, it did not freeze. Any ideas? I would
    > prefer to use the drives in RAID 0 to take advantage of speed benefits.
    >
    > 2) With RAID disabled, I have made the system crash hard many times. When
    > the sytem restores it says it's an Nvidia video driver error. I wasn't
    > able to make heads or tails from the dump log that XP gave out. How do I
    > view the file?
    >
    > I did some checking around on the system, attempting to troubleshoot this
    > problem myself and found under system information that the Nforce3 AGP
    > Host to PCE Bridge & the 5200 FX video card are sharing the same memory
    > address. The 5200 also shares the same IRQ as the NIC.
    >
    > The games I was attempting to run ran smoothly on a 1Ghz computer with
    > 512MB RAM, with the same video card.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!
    >
    > Dan

MSI-Microstar NAS / RAID Motherboards