Nvidia Nforce3 250 & GeForce 5200 conflicts

Tags:
  • MSI-Microstar
  • NAS / RAID
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2004 1:17:45 AM

Just built this new system with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (7025)
montherboard-new, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM Corsair XMS Pro RAM-new,
2 Western Digital 160GB HDD (WD1600JB)-used, GeForce 5200 FX video
card-used, and various other DVD drives, and floppy...

OK... here are the issues:

1) The whole system freezes hard when I tried to implement RAID 0.
Froze during XP install and many times after install. Once I took it
off RAID, using each drive independently, it did not freeze. Any ideas?
I would prefer to use the drives in RAID 0 to take advantage of speed
benefits.

2) With RAID disabled, I have made the system crash hard many times.
When the sytem restores it says it's an Nvidia video driver error. I
wasn't able to make heads or tails from the dump log that XP gave out.
How do I view the file?

I did some checking around on the system, attempting to troubleshoot
this problem myself and found under system information that the Nforce3
AGP Host to PCE Bridge & the 5200 FX video card are sharing the same
memory address. The 5200 also shares the same IRQ as the NIC.

The games I was attempting to run ran smoothly on a 1Ghz computer with
512MB RAM, with the same video card.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan

More about : nvidia nforce3 250 geforce 5200 conflicts

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2004 9:04:42 PM

Check the forum site for help.