Best HSF for 865PE Neo 2 P Motherboard

Someone

Hi,

I'm looking to get an efficient but quiet HSF for my board. I had
settled on a Zalman CNPS7000 but their website says that it fouls on
the board.

My processor is a P4 3GHz Prescott.

Anyone have any good recommendations, the HSF combination supplied
with the processor is way too loud.

Thanks,

Tony W

<someone@home.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to get an efficient but quiet HSF for my board. I had
> settled on a Zalman CNPS7000 but their website says that it fouls on
> the board.
>
> My processor is a P4 3GHz Prescott.
>
> Anyone have any good recommendations, the HSF combination supplied
> with the processor is way too loud.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony W

I used a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu heatsink on my MSI 865PE Neo2 LS mainbaord and
it didn't conflict with anything, not even with the Zalman heatpipe on my
Videocard, which is quite bulky. Perhaps the Neo2 P has a different layout,
though, as it is a newer model.

Someone

I have the FIS2R board and there is a row of capacitors between the
heatsink mounting frame and the power supply that gets in the way for
the Zalman CNPS7000 heatsinks.

Any other suggestions would be greatfully received.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Tony W