2.4 Ghz but is showing 1.811 Ghz

I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz and
not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz. When I
check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400 MHZ.
Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about showing

    Contcat HP tech support and they can assist you to test, diagnose and correct
    whatever may be the problem. Or they may provide you an RMA number to have
    the PC exchanged for one that works properly.

    "AMD64" wrote:

    > I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
    > processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
    > I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
    > COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz and
    > not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz. When I
    > check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400 MHZ.
    > Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
    > Thanks.

    You may have a problem withe FRONT SIDE BUS (FSB) speed.

    > Contcat HP tech support and they can assist you to test, diagnose and
    > correct
    > whatever may be the problem. Or they may provide you an RMA number to
    > have
    > the PC exchanged for one that works properly.
    >
    > "AMD64" wrote:
    >
    >> I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
    >> processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
    >> I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
    >> COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz
    >> and
    >> not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz.
    >> When I
    >> check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400
    >> MHZ.
    >> Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
    >> Thanks.

    Your processor might have the new feature "AMD Cool‘n’Quiet" to run
    slower when full power isn't needed.
    http://tinylink.com/?VKoNJAmLL0

    AMD64 wrote:
    > I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
    > processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
    > I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
    > COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz and
    > not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz. When I
    > check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400 MHZ.
    > Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
    > Thanks.

    Some good guesses at the problem, but again HP Tech Support will assist youy
    to understand what's going on and also initiate any remidial action if
    required.

    "Eric P." wrote:

    > Your processor might have the new feature "AMD Cool‘n’Quiet" to run
    > slower when full power isn't needed.
    > http://tinylink.com/?VKoNJAmLL0
    >
    > AMD64 wrote:
    > > I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
    > > processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
    > > I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
    > > COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz and
    > > not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz. When I
    > > check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400 MHZ.
    > > Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
    > > Thanks.

    Maybe your processor heats up too much and thus clocks down to prevent
    a meltdown???
    P4s can do that.

    go in to BIOS when you start the machine and poke around abit, and
    check what it says...

    You have to go into the BIO's and turn up the cpu's most PC's come turned
    down Or if you do a major upgrade it falls back to the min. cpu
    > Some good guesses at the problem, but again HP Tech Support will assist
    > youy
    > to understand what's going on and also initiate any remidial action if
    > required.
    >
    > "Eric P." wrote:
    >
    >> Your processor might have the new feature "AMD Cool'n'Quiet" to run
    >> slower when full power isn't needed.
    >> http://tinylink.com/?VKoNJAmLL0
    >>
    >> AMD64 wrote:
    >> > I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
    >> > processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
    >> > I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
    >> > COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811
    >> > Ghz and
    >> > not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz.
    >> > When I
    >> > check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400
    >> > MHZ.
    >> > Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
    >> > Thanks.

Hewlett Packard Processors Windows XP