2.4 Ghz but is showing 1.811 Ghz

February 14, 2005 1:29:01 AM

I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz and
not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz. When I
check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400 MHZ.
Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

More about : ghz showing 811 ghz

February 14, 2005 8:21:03 AM

Contcat HP tech support and they can assist you to test, diagnose and correct
whatever may be the problem. Or they may provide you an RMA number to have
the PC exchanged for one that works properly.

"AMD64" wrote:

> I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
> processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
> I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
> COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz and
> not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz. When I
> check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400 MHZ.
> Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 14, 2005 12:01:06 PM

You may have a problem withe FRONT SIDE BUS (FSB) speed.

> Contcat HP tech support and they can assist you to test, diagnose and
> correct
> whatever may be the problem. Or they may provide you an RMA number to
> have
> the PC exchanged for one that works properly.
>
> "AMD64" wrote:
>
>> I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
>> processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
>> I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
>> COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz
>> and
>> not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz.
>> When I
>> check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400
>> MHZ.
>> Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
>> Thanks.
a b α HP
February 14, 2005 7:33:48 PM

Your processor might have the new feature "AMD Cool‘n’Quiet" to run
slower when full power isn't needed.
http://tinylink.com/?VKoNJAmLL0

AMD64 wrote:
> I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
> processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
> I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
> COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz and
> not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz. When I
> check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400 MHZ.
> Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
> Thanks.
February 14, 2005 7:33:49 PM

Some good guesses at the problem, but again HP Tech Support will assist youy
to understand what's going on and also initiate any remidial action if
required.

"Eric P." wrote:

> Your processor might have the new feature "AMD Cool‘n’Quiet" to run
> slower when full power isn't needed.
> http://tinylink.com/?VKoNJAmLL0
>
> AMD64 wrote:
> > I recently bought an HP Pavillion with an AMD 64 3300+ processor. The
> > processor is supposed to run at 2.4 Ghz.
> > I noticed that when I use XP SP2 to view my System Properties (MY
> > COMPUTER/PROPERTIES), it shows that my processor is running at 1.811 Ghz and
> > not 2.4 Ghz. I ran PC Doctor and I found the same results, 1.8 Ghz. When I
> > check out the processor speed in BIOS it looks correct and shows 2400 MHZ.
> > Does anybody know why this is? I would appreciate any help.
> > Thanks.

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 15, 2005 6:35:37 AM

Maybe your processor heats up too much and thus clocks down to prevent
a meltdown???
P4s can do that.

go in to BIOS when you start the machine and poke around abit, and
check what it says...
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 17, 2005 12:39:43 AM

You have to go into the BIO's and turn up the cpu's most PC's come turned
down Or if you do a major upgrade it falls back to the min. cpu

!