CMPro v3.63b, MAME v0.940 and samples

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

When I scan with the above combo. CMPro flags:
barrier
boxingb
solarq (music.wav)
speedfrk
starhawk
wotw

samples as missing. I can't find them on the (un)official sites.
Have I mucked up something in CMP settings, or something else? :)

Thanks,
Chris.

> samples as missing. I can't find them on the (un)official sites.
> Have I mucked up something in CMP settings, or something else? :)

They aren't recorded yet.

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:04:14 +0100, Roman Scherzer
<romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote:

>> samples as missing. I can't find them on the (un)official sites.
>> Have I mucked up something in CMP settings, or something else? :)
>
>They aren't recorded yet.

Dummy samples have been posted on A.B.E.MAME. They don't play the
sounds, they just stop ClrMAMEPro from grumbling about them being
missing!

I can post them if you wish.....

Cheers,
Terra Cresta

PC Arcade
http://www.pcarcade.tv

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:04:14 +0100, Roman Scherzer
> <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote
>They aren't recorded yet.

What's this? Pre-emptive scanning?!
No wonder you need some time off after putting in a prediction module?!
Now, how to get next weeks winning lottery numbers out of CMPro... ;-p

"Terra Cresta" <terra.cresta@NOSPAMpcarcade.tv> wrote in message
> I can post them if you wish.....

Yes please, that would be great.
Just had a look in a.b.e.m. and I can see the roms are there for 94u1 - is
that what these samples are for?

Thanks again,
Chris.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Terra Cresta Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:04:14 +0100, Roman Scherzer
> <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote:
>
>>> samples as missing. I can't find them on the (un)official sites.
>>> Have I mucked up something in CMP settings, or something else?
>>> :)
>>
>>They aren't recorded yet.
>
> Dummy samples have been posted on A.B.E.MAME. They don't play the
> sounds, they just stop ClrMAMEPro from grumbling about them being
> missing!
>
> I can post them if you wish.....

I thought CLRMAME only looks to see if the sample is there not check
CRC or size and such, if thats the case, create a blank text doc and
rename.

--
David

> I thought CLRMAME only looks to see if the sample is there not check
> CRC or size and such, if thats the case, create a blank text doc and
> rename.

a) the samples haven't been recorded yet. Although they appear in MAME's
-listxml (and my samplesdatfile) output.

b) in MAME, they aren't listed with anything but the name at all. In my
datfile I added sizes and checksums for all the available samplesets
from mame.net

c) the not recorded ones are marked as baddumps and the checksums were
calculated on an empty wavfile. Thought a baddump file is better than a
nodump, since I don't know how mame reacts on a dummy wav file instead
of a valid, but 0-second wav.