Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Galaxy S III Breaks Pre-order Records with UK Vendors

Tags:
Last response: in News comments
May 24, 2012 9:50:53 AM

I'm with the guy above me....the colour chuices are a little off-putting. So is the size...I mean I realise the hardware needs its space, but really? THAT big? The HTC One S is the limit for me, size-wise. But I can't/won't get that due to it's closed battery and no mem card slot...points where the SIII excels...

AHHHH I need them to release MY perfect phone!
May 24, 2012 10:10:05 AM

If I get this phone it has to be unlocked and rooted. Have it on my radar. Just enjoying my Samsung Galaxy S2 these days, and waiting for Apple to release the iPhone 5 so I can have a few laughs.... Then I will pounce on the SGS 3, but might get the Japanese version with 2 gig of ram. The version planned for the US only has 1 gig of ram like the SGS2; on a positive note, that is certainly not as terrible as the fat and clunky iPhone 4s jail with its meager 512 meg of ram and that trashy siri.

Heard that Apple is planning to invent the 4 inch screen when it comes out with the iPhone 5. Magical innovation indeed.

May 24, 2012 10:22:41 AM

im gonna wait until apple releases their new magical 4 inch screen... the screen size that has been available in the market for 3 years, but when apple does it its somehow new innovation and magical, and then buy the s3, price is too high for now
May 24, 2012 10:27:02 AM

To me the SIII didn't really fix my current I9100G gripes apart from probably snazzier SW features. A smaller nm processed but still A9 gen Exynos quad and an OC'ed Mali 400MP (correct me if I'm wrong here because that's what I got from Anandtech's preview) are asking for too much of a premium. Still the same crap single loudspeaker that's weaker than the low end SE Live, that ridiculous Corby-ish plastic back and above all the same Samsung "gold" standard of timely official firmware revisions. My I9100G are still w/o ICS this very minute!

I'd rather wait for any S4 Krait quad based Note killer (well if Samsung have this in the pipes..) or move on to HTC.
May 24, 2012 11:06:16 AM

It has more resolution than my netbook!
May 24, 2012 11:30:34 AM

cool and epic but its a little to big screen for me as well, id rather go 7"asus tegra 3 and a smaller mobile. im probebly getting the next samsung but for now im going for nokia 808 this time. i dont play with my mobile eny-how only gps photos and work/calls.
May 24, 2012 12:47:52 PM

This phone looks sweet, but the screen is too big for my taste.

I just made the switch from iPhone to Android and it kicks ass :)  Honestly, Apple needs to catch up with these new Android phones with the iPhone 5.
Anonymous
May 24, 2012 1:26:26 PM

Sheeple flocking in droves to "upgrade" to the S3, which is identical to the S2! Congratulations to all the sheep on "upgrading" their phones to a model where the only difference is there is a 3 instead of a 2 in the name!
Anonymous
May 24, 2012 1:30:36 PM

All those preorders but still wont play Crysis. At least my iPhone and Win7 phone play that...
May 24, 2012 1:57:19 PM

I didn't know Sam SUCK had nine million employees! Can you please publish the preorder results for the public and not from Sam SUCK employees?
May 24, 2012 2:20:20 PM

LOL at the 3 trolls above... Serious cases of own bile poisoning.

This phone is the one to get from Samsung. HTC already came up with their OneX... waiting for Moto to see their answer.
Anonymous
May 24, 2012 2:41:44 PM

i'll just stay with my galaxy nexus lol
Anonymous
May 24, 2012 2:51:35 PM

I'll just stay with my iPhone 4 and wait for the 5, which will undoubtedly be much better than this turd.
May 24, 2012 3:53:27 PM

this one is way better than the one that Google got from Samsung...what a shame
May 24, 2012 5:02:13 PM

I have an iphone 4 and the contract will be over in summer 2013. Anyway the S3 is supposed to be only dual-core in North America, I'll wait for a quad core phone maybe the S4 next year will be the one I'll get instead of going for the iphone 5.

If the S3 comes with a quad core then I'll think about getting it sooner.
May 24, 2012 6:41:49 PM

suoenoTo me the SIII didn't really fix my current I9100G gripes apart from probably snazzier SW features. A smaller nm processed but still A9 gen Exynos quad and an OC'ed Mali 400MP (correct me if I'm wrong here because that's what I got from Anandtech's preview) are asking for too much of a premium. Still the same crap single loudspeaker that's weaker than the low end SE Live, that ridiculous Corby-ish plastic back and above all the same Samsung "gold" standard of timely official firmware revisions. My I9100G are still w/o ICS this very minute!I'd rather wait for any S4 Krait quad based Note killer (well if Samsung have this in the pipes..) or move on to HTC.

You getting things mixed up... Exynos is a system on chip that now has quad A9's at 1.4Ghz in 32nm (S2 had dual cores at 1.2Ghz in 45nm) and Mali400MP in S3 runs memory at 400Mhz the old mali ran at around 266Mhz. GPU overall between gen 1 and 2 has almost doubled in performance even though they share the same name.

Japanese version will have 2GB memory but a dual processor of newer revision and higher Ghz (s4 snapdragon) and probably a mediocre Adreno 225 GPU. I really doubt it will have the new upcoming adreno 320 that quad snapdragons suppose to have.

May 24, 2012 7:19:01 PM

suoenoTo me the SIII didn't really fix my current I9100G gripes apart from probably snazzier SW features. A smaller nm processed but still A9 gen Exynos quad and an OC'ed Mali 400MP (correct me if I'm wrong here because that's what I got from Anandtech's preview) are asking for too much of a premium. Still the same crap single loudspeaker that's weaker than the low end SE Live, that ridiculous Corby-ish plastic back and above all the same Samsung "gold" standard of timely official firmware revisions. My I9100G are still w/o ICS this very minute!I'd rather wait for any S4 Krait quad based Note killer (well if Samsung have this in the pipes..) or move on to HTC.

Only the UK versions these people ordered with have the A9 based quad core.. Those of us in the US are supposed to have the dual core S4 Krait..
May 24, 2012 9:48:36 PM

Quote:
im gonna wait until apple releases their new magical 4 inch screen... the screen size that has been available in the market for 3 years.

MP3 players were in the market for years before the release of the iPod, but most iZombs believe Apple invented the MP3 player.
May 24, 2012 10:40:53 PM

Wow, these Samsung haters came out of nowhere. I don't remember seeing them a year ago. Competition breeds rage I guess. It seems to be true that people who want to be different buy Apple products so they can be like everyone else who is different. So much hate just because Samsung has a better product. Why does that really matter? Everyone says the iPhone is better. Isn't that enough? W
May 24, 2012 10:57:21 PM

intelxim gonna wait until apple releases their new magical 4 inch screen... the screen size that has been available in the market for 3 years, but when apple does it its somehow new innovation and magical, and then buy the s3, price is too high for now

They should be brought to court for infringing on the 4" screen patent, I would not even laugh if saw that headline, the patent system is so broken. However, if Apple can patent rounded corners, I don't see why 4" screen would be taking it too far

How do I play with gestures on the Android phone ? I see a develper kit for them, but I've never seen an example on how or when to use them.
May 25, 2012 2:43:39 AM

Seems to be a record breaker for Samsung as well, but I still can't believe people would pay the same amount of money as iPhone for a plastic hunk.
!