Micro-Star MS-5169 Motherboard Floppy Drive Controller Que..

I bought a Micro-Star MS-5169 Motherboard cheap
on Ebay.

My question is the motherboard floppy drive
controller connection is missing pins 4, 5, and 6.

The pins are not broken off but have been left off
the connection.

On the other motherboards that I have they have
always had all the pins on the floppy drive
controller connection.

I have not installed the motherboard yet but
would like to know is there a reason these
pins are missing?

Allan

Allan Sadowski wrote:

> I bought a Micro-Star MS-5169 Motherboard cheap
> on Ebay.
>
> My question is the motherboard floppy drive
> controller connection is missing pins 4, 5, and 6.
>
> The pins are not broken off but have been left off
> the connection.
>
> On the other motherboards that I have they have
> always had all the pins on the floppy drive
> controller connection.
>
> I have not installed the motherboard yet but
> would like to know is there a reason these
> pins are missing?
>
> Allan
Check first the function of that pins there are some pins of the 34 that
have no function.
Pin 1: Ground Pin 18: Direction
Pin 2: *Change Pin 19: Ground
Pin 3: Unused Pin 20: *Step
Pin 4: *In Use 1 Pin 21: Ground
Pin 5: Ground Pin 22: *DKWD
Pin 6: *In Use 0 Pin 23: Ground
Pin 7: Ground Pin 24: DKWE (Write Enable?)
Pin 8: *Index Pin 25: Ground
Pin 9: Ground Pin 26: *TRKD
Pin 10: *Select 0 Pin 27: Ground
Pin 11: Ground Pin 28: *Write Protect