Wait or buy?

CPU and mobo: wait for 939s to drop in price (rumoured 3000 and 3200
versions) or buy 754s now and see what next year brings?

Another point, if the AMD specs are true about, say, an XP 3200 being
equivalent to Intel 3200, why buy a 754 at 3000 or 939 3000? Seems a little
silly to me.

zeek

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003

"Spo" <spo@ops.com> wrote in message news:<4163438e$0$54805$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net>...
> CPU and mobo: wait for 939s to drop in price (rumoured 3000 and 3200
> versions) or buy 754s now and see what next year brings?
>
> Another point, if the AMD specs are true about, say, an XP 3200 being
> equivalent to Intel 3200, why buy a 754 at 3000 or 939 3000? Seems a little
> silly to me.

Looks to me like the 939 is going to have the best legs. I would wiat
for the next upcoming price drop in the 939s and buy.

for benchmarks on AMD vs Intell go to www.tomshardwar.com or various
other sites where the two are compated in different tasks. there you
can see which meets your needs best. Basicly the answer is that
unless you do 3d rendering with a large and established package that
has SSE2+3 and hyperthreading optimizations then you get more from an
AMD processor.