MS-5169 a5169v37.exe AMI Bios update file

I have a Micro-Star MS-5169 motherboard and I
want to update the bios to the current version AMI 3.7.

I downloaded the current bios file
a5169v37.exe which can only be run
in windows.

My question is when I run this file in windows
will it extract other files and if so what are they?

Also the Special note says This is only for PCB version 4.0.

How do I determine what my PCB version is?

Allan
1 answer Last reply
More about 5169 a5169v37 bios update file

    Allan Sadowski a pensé très fort :
    > I have a Micro-Star MS-5169 motherboard and I
    > want to update the bios to the current version AMI 3.7.
    >
    > I downloaded the current bios file
    > a5169v37.exe which can only be run
    > in windows.
    >
    > My question is when I run this file in windows
    > will it extract other files and if so what are they?
    >
    > Also the Special note says This is only for PCB version 4.0.
    >
    > How do I determine what my PCB version is?
    >
    > Allan

    You find the pcb version on the PCB.
    I had a serious problem with CD writer with this PCB. Nero and other
    burning software froze the computer. Bios is 3.7.
    I have solved it with new ide drivers found on the web.

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

MSI-Microstar BIOS Motherboards