Problem Burning with Matshita DVD- RAM UJ811

Hi,
Can anyone help? I have a Matshita DVD - RAM UJ811 SCSI CdRom writer in my
Multivision laptop, but its a pain in the neck, as it keeps refusing to burn
my CD's. I am using Roxio CD and DVD Creator 6 and the message I get is
'E80041927:trackwriter error - ASPI failure - [T7121]. I have tried to burn
it with other software including Media Player, Realplayer, but still the same
problem, it seems to stop after a few seconds of writing. Its specs including
writing to 2xDVD - RAM, 2xDVD-R, 1xDVD RW,16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, including reading
8x DVD-ROM and 24xCD-ROM. Is there an update for this driver? I can read
disks no problem, its just writing. I have used Sony ,TDK disks with no luck,
occasionally Phillips works but not all the time. Any suggestions?

--
GRI

Your manual may list recommended media blank brands. If not contact the
manufacturer and find out what brands of media they recommend and stick to
them.

Google for the manufacturers website and look for updates to the firmware.
Updates are usually for increased performance and media compatibility.

Is your recorder on the Roxio / DVD Creator compatibility list. If the
software came with the recorder then yes. If not, check with the software's
manufacturer. Also, update the software to the latest version for your O/S.

r.

"GRI GRI" <GRIGRI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can anyone help? I have a Matshita DVD - RAM UJ811 SCSI CdRom writer in
> my
> Multivision laptop, but its a pain in the neck, as it keeps refusing to
> burn
> my CD's. I am using Roxio CD and DVD Creator 6 and the message I get is
> 'E80041927:trackwriter error - ASPI failure - [T7121]. I have tried to
> burn
> it with other software including Media Player, Realplayer, but still the
> same
> problem, it seems to stop after a few seconds of writing. Its specs
> including
> writing to 2xDVD - RAM, 2xDVD-R, 1xDVD RW,16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, including
> reading
> 8x DVD-ROM and 24xCD-ROM. Is there an update for this driver? I can read
> disks no problem, its just writing. I have used Sony ,TDK disks with no
> luck,
> occasionally Phillips works but not all the time. Any suggestions?
>
> --
> GRI

Reload the ASPI software. You can find it on Adaptec's web site
(www.adaptec.com)

"GRI GRI" <GRIGRI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can anyone help? I have a Matshita DVD - RAM UJ811 SCSI CdRom writer in
> my
> Multivision laptop, but its a pain in the neck, as it keeps refusing to
> burn
> my CD's. I am using Roxio CD and DVD Creator 6 and the message I get is
> 'E80041927:trackwriter error - ASPI failure - [T7121]. I have tried to
> burn
> it with other software including Media Player, Realplayer, but still the
> same
> problem, it seems to stop after a few seconds of writing. Its specs
> including
> writing to 2xDVD - RAM, 2xDVD-R, 1xDVD RW,16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, including
> reading
> 8x DVD-ROM and 24xCD-ROM. Is there an update for this driver? I can read
> disks no problem, its just writing. I have used Sony ,TDK disks with no
> luck,
> occasionally Phillips works but not all the time. Any suggestions?
>
> --
> GRI

Thanks everyone for advice,

Some is a little over my head, but I decided to restore my computer back to
factory settings. After Installing software (I decided not to install Roxio
CD Creator 6 but just to leave Creator 5 which was installed on the machine),
I began to burn some disks, managing to copy music onto Phillips CD-RW with
no problems, but TDK or Sony CD-R still causes me headaches. I tried slowing
down the speed for recording onto CD-R, but still the same result. Nothing
in my manual says I can't record onto different brands as I have successfully
used them before. I haven't installed Microsoft's SP1 or 2 yet, as I am not
sure if there is a connection between my problems and the updates. Come to
think about it, I am beginning to wonder if my problems started around the
time I originally installed SP1 and SP2, who knows. Anyway I will try
Phillip CD-R and see if they are fine, if so then I'll stick to them.
Any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks all!