Diamond Stealth 9200 SE S80 128 DDR Video Card

I have a Stealth 9200 SE S80 128 DDR Video Card and NF7-S v2.0 Motherboard
with Barton 2500 + processor.

I am currently using the ATI 5.2 video drivers (driver file and control
panel--no catalyst) instead of the drivers listed on the manufacturers
(Sapphire site) as the most current. I originally used the drivers from the
CD, but found that they were too old. It looks like Sapphire might have
updated their drivers--I believe date is 10/04.

Is anyone else using this card and if so what drivers are you using. I am
planning a reformat and reinstall of XP so I was wondering if I should try
to go back to the manufacturers drivers or just stick with the generic ATI
drivers.

I am also running the NVIDIA motherboard drivers 4.10 I believe.

Any input would be appreciated!

Latest drivers are at the ATI site at:
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?type=xp&prodType=graphic&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=6&submit.y=7
www.coribright.com

"Lori Ann Kuiper" <loriak25@netnitco.net> wrote in message
>I have a Stealth 9200 SE S80 128 DDR Video Card and NF7-S v2.0 Motherboard
>with Barton 2500 + processor.
>
> I am currently using the ATI 5.2 video drivers (driver file and control
> panel--no catalyst) instead of the drivers listed on the manufacturers
> (Sapphire site) as the most current. I originally used the drivers from
> the CD, but found that they were too old. It looks like Sapphire might
> have updated their drivers--I believe date is 10/04.
>
> Is anyone else using this card and if so what drivers are you using. I am
> planning a reformat and reinstall of XP so I was wondering if I should try
> to go back to the manufacturers drivers or just stick with the generic ATI
> drivers.
>
> I am also running the NVIDIA motherboard drivers 4.10 I believe.
>
> Any input would be appreciated!

Hello again,

Quote from ATI website FAQ, RE: Powered by ATI products

http://www.ati.com/support/partner/faq.html#3

Q7: Where can I find drivers for my Partner Product?
A7: Most Partner Product manufacturers offer driver updates through
their website or the support contact information that accompanies the
product. Additionally, Partner Product boards can use the ATI retail driver.
It is recommended that drivers from the manufacturer of the Partner
Product be used before trying the retail driver. Feature enhancements
provided by the Partner Product manufacturer will be lost when using ATI
retail drivers. ATI retail drivers are provided as an extra alternative
solution for customers and are fully supported by ATI. Retail drivers are
provided here http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

good luck,

r.

"Lori Ann Kuiper" <loriak25@netnitco.net> wrote in message
>I have a Stealth 9200 SE S80 128 DDR Video Card and NF7-S v2.0 Motherboard
>with Barton 2500 + processor.
>
> I am currently using the ATI 5.2 video drivers (driver file and control
> panel--no catalyst) instead of the drivers listed on the manufacturers
> (Sapphire site) as the most current. I originally used the drivers from
> the CD, but found that they were too old. It looks like Sapphire might
> have updated their drivers--I believe date is 10/04.
>
> Is anyone else using this card and if so what drivers are you using. I am
> planning a reformat and reinstall of XP so I was wondering if I should try
> to go back to the manufacturers drivers or just stick with the generic ATI
> drivers.
>
> I am also running the NVIDIA motherboard drivers 4.10 I believe.
>
> Any input would be appreciated!

Although some of the features from the manufacturer's drivers are gone, the
card seems to run faster and better with the retail drivers even though it
doesn't support the new catalyst control center. With the manufacturers
drivers I had constant blue screens & lockups.so I am leery of returning to
them.

I guess until I can afford a new card, I will stick with the retail drivers.
I just thought I would check to see if someone found anything better!
The 5.2 driver version is the latest, so I would stick with it.