Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Hi,

I just replaced my Athlon 2000XP with a Athlon 2600XP but the motherboard
says its onlye a 2500xp. Im using the latest bios.

Anyone knows why ?

tx

"Chuck" <nospam@no_spamm.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just replaced my Athlon 2000XP with a Athlon 2600XP but the motherboard
> says its onlye a 2500xp. Im using the latest bios.
>
> Anyone knows why ?
>
> tx

i'm guessing you've got the FSB set at 166 where it should be at 133 (IIRR)

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

well if i set it at 133, its worst, the motherboard thinks its a ... 2000xp

tx anyway !

> well if i set it at 133, its worst, the motherboard thinks its a ...
> 2000xp
>
> tx anyway !

it seems theres a 133 and a 166 fsb 2600xp

put the processor's numbers into this web page to find out what settings it
should have

http://www.hwspirit.com/tools.php?m=cpu

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

dunno which one I have... Its brand new from today

> dunno which one I have... Its brand new from today

you have to switch off and remove the heatsink to gain access to the numbers

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:49:01 -0400, "Chuck" <nospam@no_spamm.com>
selected combat throttle and flew into a dogfight with:

>Hi,
>
>I just replaced my Athlon 2000XP with a Athlon 2600XP but the motherboard
>says its onlye a 2500xp. Im using the latest bios.
>
>Anyone knows why ?

I have the same 'problem' on a KT3 Ultra-ARU with an XP2600+
(Barton). The BIOS does not contain the correct CPU identification
string; however, the clock multiplier is correctly set automatically
(for my mobo the FSB has to be set manually to 166/333). The CPU
speed is correctly set at 1917 MHz (166.66 x 11.5). You can use a CPU
ID program (e.g WCPUID) to confirm the CPU model and speed, though
the incorrect BIOS identification string will probably still be shown.

Max Reheat :)o) - Remove Part Throttle Reheat to reply.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Hi,