MS-6390 No USB2

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 19, 2004 11:56:33 PM

I have 2 computers, both made by Elonex, Both have similar serial numbers
(So assume from the same batch), both have MS6390 boards in them.

One has USB2 (Enhanced USB Controller) shown in device manager
The other has not, are there different revisions of the same board?

OS is Windows XP SP2.
Is there a utility to check the exact chipset used. I have tried Aida, but
it says its a 6382(E) for both boards.
Or is there something I am missing so simple, i.e. enable USB2 support?

More about : 6390 usb2

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 22, 2004 1:20:38 AM

Op 19-10-2004, heeft TheDragon verondersteld :
> I have 2 computers, both made by Elonex, Both have similar serial numbers (So
> assume from the same batch), both have MS6390 boards in them.
>
> One has USB2 (Enhanced USB Controller) shown in device manager
> The other has not, are there different revisions of the same board?
>
> OS is Windows XP SP2.
> Is there a utility to check the exact chipset used. I have tried Aida, but it
> says its a 6382(E) for both boards.
> Or is there something I am missing so simple, i.e. enable USB2 support?

You might check the BIOS settings.
In the Peripheral menu you can set USB on Enabled or Diabled.
An other thing is what version of BIOS is in the chip, is it the same?
If not, consider flashing the older one..

Good Luck!

André

--
Dit is een automatische handtekening van MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

<André>; "PE1PQX" <pe1pqx.noqrm@planet.nl> wrote in message
> Op 19-10-2004, heeft TheDragon verondersteld :
>> I have 2 computers, both made by Elonex, Both have similar serial numbers
>> (So assume from the same batch), both have MS6390 boards in them.
>>
>> One has USB2 (Enhanced USB Controller) shown in device manager
>> The other has not, are there different revisions of the same board?
>>
>> OS is Windows XP SP2.
>> Is there a utility to check the exact chipset used. I have tried Aida,
>> but it says its a 6382(E) for both boards.
>> Or is there something I am missing so simple, i.e. enable USB2 support?
>
> You might check the BIOS settings.
> In the Peripheral menu you can set USB on Enabled or Diabled.
> An other thing is what version of BIOS is in the chip, is it the same? If
> not, consider flashing the older one..
>
> Good Luck!
>
> André
>
> --
> Dit is een automatische handtekening van MesNews.
> Site : http://www.mesnews.net

USB is enabled. BIOS was flashed on the missing USB2 variant using Live
Bios, and Live Driver.
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2004 8:06:41 PM

I had the same problem with a KT3 ultra aru. just right now.

Via google i learned that the usb2 bracket comes with a sticker that the
usb2 not works, when an other usb bracket is installed.
After removing this bracket, usb2 was supported.
Hopefully it works with you too, or give some new idea

heian

"TheDragon" <plandregan@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

> <André>; "PE1PQX" <pe1pqx.noqrm@planet.nl> wrote in message
> > Op 19-10-2004, heeft TheDragon verondersteld :
> >> I have 2 computers, both made by Elonex, Both have similar serial
numbers
> >> (So assume from the same batch), both have MS6390 boards in them.
> >>
> >> One has USB2 (Enhanced USB Controller) shown in device manager
> >> The other has not, are there different revisions of the same board?
> >>
> >> OS is Windows XP SP2.
> >> Is there a utility to check the exact chipset used. I have tried Aida,
> >> but it says its a 6382(E) for both boards.
> >> Or is there something I am missing so simple, i.e. enable USB2 support?
> >
> > You might check the BIOS settings.
> > In the Peripheral menu you can set USB on Enabled or Diabled.
> > An other thing is what version of BIOS is in the chip, is it the same?
If
> > not, consider flashing the older one..
> >
> > Good Luck!
> >
> > André
> >
> > --
> > Dit is een automatische handtekening van MesNews.
> > Site : http://www.mesnews.net
> >

> USB is enabled. BIOS was flashed on the missing USB2 variant using Live
> Bios, and Live Driver.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2004 8:06:42 PM

Didn't think of that. The USB I am trying to get running is the 2 onboard
ports. Didn't think to try a riser bracket with USB ports.

!