6178 upgrade problem (grrrrr...)

What am I doing wrong here?

mobo = 6178

bios = award with latest update

problem: it only runs with the original 366 66 cpu. Try any other cpu
and it won't start up. No matter if it is 66 or 100 fsb with 677 mhz
or 733 mhz or 800 mhz.

Clearing CMOS made no difference.

Anyone a clue why everybody else runs up to 900 mhz but I have to
stick with the original 366?

The rest works just fine. In fact most parts have been replaced by now
apart from the C: disk and the cpu...

I've got the same problem. I'm trying to replace the original cel 500
with a PIII 667 but it doesn't work :(

Had you any luck in fixing the problem lately ?