Cordless keyboard - PC won't boot without a corded one!

My friend has a cordless keyboard on her Windows 2000 Compaq Evo 1.8. When
the machine boots, it complains it can't find a keyboard - presumably
because the driver for the USB receiver hasn't loaded at that early stage.
She has to keep an old PS2 keyboard plugged in. This is the second time
I've encountered this situation.

Is there a fix?

--
####################
## PH, London

Whoops! Should have picked a Win2K group - sorry! I'll nevertheless be
glad of any tips!

--
####################
## PH, London
"Philip Herlihy" <foof8501@herlihy.eu.veil.com> wrote in message
> My friend has a cordless keyboard on her Windows 2000 Compaq Evo 1.8.
> When the machine boots, it complains it can't find a keyboard - presumably
> because the driver for the USB receiver hasn't loaded at that early stage.
> She has to keep an old PS2 keyboard plugged in. This is the second time
> I've encountered this situation.
>
> Is there a fix?
>
> --
> ####################
> ## PH, London
> ####################

During the boot, access the EVO's BIOS and set the options "Use Legacy USB
devices" and/or "USB Keyboard"

> Whoops! Should have picked a Win2K group - sorry! I'll nevertheless be
> glad of any tips!
>
> --
> ####################
> ## PH, London
> ####################
> "Philip Herlihy" <foof8501@herlihy.eu.veil.com> wrote in message
>> My friend has a cordless keyboard on her Windows 2000 Compaq Evo 1.8.
>> When the machine boots, it complains it can't find a keyboard -
>> presumably because the driver for the USB receiver hasn't loaded at that
>> early stage. She has to keep an old PS2 keyboard plugged in. This is the
>> second time I've encountered this situation.
>>
>> Is there a fix?
>>
>> --
>> ## PH, London

Thanks, Yves - I'll try that next time I'm there!

--
## PH, London