vanishing usb ports

Carl

i have a K8N- Neo2 mobo, XP3500, every time i power on my pc, windows cannot
find the usb ports. i have to uninstall them in device manager, then reboot.
windows then detects and installs the drivers for them. This is not what i
expect to have to do every power up! Any help or advice would be greatly
appreciated, as MSI UK was not too helpful.

Carl,

What kind of a case do you have? What are the pinouts from the cable to the
mobo to the USB ports?
I had a similar problem with my Antec Sonata case. The cables were wired
incorrectly. But it was simple to fix.

Phil