Accessing Remote Desktop

I have 2 pc's running on a wireless network using a DSL modem with a wireless
gateway and a wireless USB adapter.

Internet access works perfectly from both pcs.

File and printer sharing also works perfectly from both pc's.

I would like to set up Remote Desktop for both machines, and I'm sure I
understand how to do it, but one question remains...

Is it absolutely necessary to use a login name and password?

We do not currently use logins on our pc's and I'd rather not have to do so.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Hi Wayne,
You may find this article
useful.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281262
It provides information on "How To Turn On Remote Desktop Automatic Logon
for XP"
"Wayne Boatwright" <waynesgang@waynes.gang> wrote in message
>I have 2 pc's running on a wireless network using a DSL modem with a
>wireless
> gateway and a wireless USB adapter.
>
> Internet access works perfectly from both pcs.
>
> File and printer sharing also works perfectly from both pc's.
>
> I would like to set up Remote Desktop for both machines, and I'm sure I
> understand how to do it, but one question remains...
>
> Is it absolutely necessary to use a login name and password?
>
> We do not currently use logins on our pc's and I'd rather not have to do
> so.
>
> Any tips are greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

On Tue 22 Mar 2005 12:15:32p, kapil [MSFT] wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless:

> Hi Wayne,
> You may find this article
> useful.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281262
> It provides information on "How To Turn On Remote Desktop Automatic Logon
> for XP"

Thank you!!! That was exactly what I needed.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974