Hi,

I have a problem with the MSI KT3 ultra aru.
Xp, bios, via drivers up to date.

When i connect a scanner with any of the usb ports, it
is detected well thru Xp, can scan one picture and than
the computer freeses. Only disconnect the scanner and
reboot is possible.

Booting with the scanner ( HP scanjet 5300C ) connected,
is not possible too, computer is hanging completely.

Anybody who had this problem before?

Thanks for helping,

heian

"heian" <r.vanriel@tiscali.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the MSI KT3 ultra aru.
> Xp, bios, via drivers up to date.
>
> When i connect a scanner with any of the usb ports, it
> is detected well thru Xp, can scan one picture and than
> the computer freeses. Only disconnect the scanner and
> reboot is possible.
>
> Booting with the scanner ( HP scanjet 5300C ) connected,
> is not possible too, computer is hanging completely.
>
> Anybody who had this problem before?
>
> Thanks for helping,
>
> heian

Did you install the USB drivers from VIA as well, or just the chipset
drivers? The USB 2 drivers are available here:
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&Type=1

HTH
Chris

I sent this message earlier but it may apply here:

What kind of a case do you have? What are the pinouts from the cable to the
mobo to the USB ports?
I had a similar problem with my Antec Sonata case. The cables were wired
incorrectly. But it was simple to fix.

Phil