K8T800 Master 2-FAR - new BIOS flash

If any of you have this motherboard and have been waiting for MSI to publish
a new BIOS on their site since this Summer, it turns out you CAN write them
and ask for the new 1.44 BIOS and they will email it to you. They have
finished stress-testing and I found it to be stable and good and an
improvement. Hopefully they will publish soon on their site...
If you are running the older BIOS you might have noticed you can't mess with
CPU voltage without getting a crash. They fixed that. And now with the 1.44
you will also see a message pre-post, when it counts RAM, that says
something like "DDR 333 RAM Dual Channel recognized" and I wonder if that
message didn't display before because the full capabilities of my RAM were
not being utililized/recognized before or... if it is merely a message they
decided to add as reassurance.

--
Scotter

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 05:21:41 GMT, "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote:

>If any of you have this motherboard and have been waiting for MSI to publish
>a new BIOS on their site since this Summer, it turns out you CAN write them
>and ask for the new 1.44 BIOS and they will email it to you. They have
>finished stress-testing and I found it to be stable and good and an
>improvement. Hopefully they will publish soon on their site...
>If you are running the older BIOS you might have noticed you can't mess with
>CPU voltage without getting a crash. They fixed that. And now with the 1.44
>you will also see a message pre-post, when it counts RAM, that says
>something like "DDR 333 RAM Dual Channel recognized" and I wonder if that
>message didn't display before because the full capabilities of my RAM were
>not being utililized/recognized before or... if it is merely a message they
>decided to add as reassurance.

Thanks for the info. When did you get it and does it solve stability
issues with the via 8237 controller and SATA raid as well as windows
xp sp2 stability? I had to buy a SI3112r controller for a SATA fix and
i am stuck with SP1 because this board is not stable at all for me.
and my hardware.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 05:21:41 GMT, "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote:

>If any of you have this motherboard and have been waiting for MSI to publish
>a new BIOS on their site since this Summer, it turns out you CAN write them
>and ask for the new 1.44 BIOS and they will email it to you. They have
>finished stress-testing and I found it to be stable and good and an
>improvement. Hopefully they will publish soon on their site...
>If you are running the older BIOS you might have noticed you can't mess with
>CPU voltage without getting a crash. They fixed that. And now with the 1.44
>you will also see a message pre-post, when it counts RAM, that says
>something like "DDR 333 RAM Dual Channel recognized" and I wonder if that
>message didn't display before because the full capabilities of my RAM were
>not being utililized/recognized before or... if it is merely a message they
>decided to add as reassurance.

Can you supply the MSI contact name and email address for the 1.44
bios.

I tried the 1.35 beta bios but it was unstable and I returned to the
1.1 bios.

TIA

I never had stability problems with the SATA and I have been doing a mirror
using it on two 160gig drives ever since I got it back in January.

support@msi.com.tw