Kt6Delta FIS2R and raid

Hello,

After recent WinXP failure I lost a lot of data which was important for my
business. That was main reason to decide to use mirroring for my primary
disk.

I have one Seagate 80GB SATA disk connected to SATA1 and one WD 80GB SATA
disk connected to SATA2. I just bought another WD 80GB IDE disk which I
connected to IDE3 controller. I want to set up mirroring of SATA1 disk to
IDE3 disk. Is that possible or I can use only disk on same controller for
mirroring (IDE3 master mirrored to IDE 3 slave and/or SATA1 mirrored to
SATA2). If it is possible can you tell me what option should I select in
BIOS under "Integrated peripherals" a SATA or RAID? When I select RAID then
after POST a screen appears saying that no array has been defined. I press
CTRL+F and under Auto Setup I'm able to setup disk only for Performance not
Security. After that I can see my IDE3 disk in WinXP, but I'm not able to
setup mirroring. If I select SATA in BIOS then no message is displayed about
configuring, just that SATA150 controller found IDE3 disk. I press TAB when
initializing SATA disks I can select only SATA disks for RAID function, not
IDE3 disk.

So in basic, can I mirror SATA disk to IDE disk if SATA has OS on it (I
don't want to reinstall my system), if so how?

Thanx,

R.

Raid is supported on the Sata drives/controler only, not the ide.
There is no need to reinstall o/s, assuming sys boots from the sata drive.
With sata drives connected, enter raid config (Cntrl+F) and build mirror.